diy solar

diy solar

What good are 1/0 battery cables from 2 XP6000's to 30kWh battery pack?

Onehand

And how would you connect 2 pos and 2 neg to the battery rack buss bars if stacking is a no-no and assimilates a Lincoln are welder?

Seems to me I should run, as a minimum, 1/0 cable from XP's, to small buss bars under the inverters in parallel, then only one pair of 2/0 from the small buss bars under the inverter to the battery rack in the diagonal fashion, with a 300A T class fuse. Either that or upsize to 2/0 from the XP's to buss bars under the inverters and then run one pair 4/0 to the battery rack buss bars with a 300 amp T class fuse on the 4/0 pos line, near the pos battery rack buss bar feed point. Better Idea?

Wonder if 200A fuses would be warranted on the 1/0 or 2/0 short runs from the XP's to the small buss bars?

Sig Sol says 1/0 is fine, looks like another cut corner to me?

Last edited:
You would be looking at a max amps of 150 per inverter, so, I would use 2/0 or larger personally.

You would be looking at a max amps of 150 per inverter, so, I would use 2/0 or larger personally.
Just what I thought, now to find a way to land 4/0 wire/lugs on those buss bars, not to mention inverter terms... Looks like I should just buy wire, ends and a crimper and build them myself. Guess I can always use more end of year business deductions.

Last edited:
Or get bigger bussbars
With the inverter max charge current of 125A and discharge of 140A, looks like 2/0 should be ok. I am limited to the EG4 server rack buss bars, unless I replace/modify. Still like the idea of 4/0 going to the server rack though for a combined 280A discharge rate, which hopefully it will never hit and I doubt 4/0 is capable of handling that as it is.

Who has the formula handy for calculating this?

Last edited:
With the inverter max charge current of 125A and discharge of 140A, looks like 2/0 should be ok.
6000x1.2 for inefficiency / 48LVD gives me a 150A max…
Is the inverter going to reduce output wattage at lower battery voltages?

I don't know exactly how the output works, doubt many people do, so far. I expect it would self protect somehow through sharing, tapering and /or redistribution of current when/where needed. I really need to dive into the manual a bit more or talk to someone in the know.

As I read a bit more, the upper/lower chg/dscg rates are hard set in program. So no auto monitoring/adjustment it seems.

ETA: The manual is sparse in many areas for a old newb like me.

Last edited:
Back