diy solar

diy solar

Which server rack battery has fewest issues: SOK, Trophy, or Jackiper?

Not officially, yet.

In other words, a DIY customer made it work successfully, but we have not finished our bench testing, documentation and training to officially support it. I would say within a month or two we would have official support for it.
Did you guys ever get SMA worked out?

Just thinking through my next system (which may or may not be SMA; Schneider and Outback would be in the running).

Did you guys ever get SMA worked out?

Just thinking through my next system (which may or may not be SMA; Schneider and Outback would be in the running).
We did with the caveat that the SMA won't register a SOC below 20%, it gets stuck...this is pretty annoying.

I do not recommend SMA for a new builds but if you are trying to upgrade an existing system to the SOK's it is workable but not seamless.

We did with the caveat that the SMA won't register a SOC below 20%, it gets stuck...this is pretty annoying.

I do not recommend SMA for a new builds but if you are trying to upgrade an existing system to the SOK's it is workable but not seamless.
I don’t regret building my CALB setup I got from you guys as I now know a whole bunch about how it works.

But I don’t want to do this s$it again lol. It’s time intensive. At least when you are doing eight of them.

516CB9BF-FFF6-4BB8-88E5-F38E3AB2BC8A.jpeg
6D8B2519-ECFE-42E0-BC28-707233A96E39.jpeg

Also is it accurate that the Trophy menu system is better, ie you can see everything in one glance, vs SOK's awkward menu?
Or has SOK menu been updated with firmware recently?

Also dang -- Trophy just increased price by $50 since I asked this question...
That’s our worthless Federal Reserve note. I think this is what we are going to be dealing with from here on out. Close to the point of daily price increases for everything. It’s almost if you can find them buy them time.

Not officially, yet.

In other words, a DIY customer made it work successfully, but we have not finished our bench testing, documentation and training to officially support it. I would say within a month or two we would have official support for it.
ah, i was under the impression you already supported them..
my bad

this is in development but not publicly released yet.
I see, thank you. Asking out of ignorance:) : does the menu come from the BMS (ie the BMS manufacturer builds the menu into the BMS), or does SOK design the menu to interface with the BMS?
I'm leaning towards SOK; but the menu system seems a bit on the cumbersome side...

What are you doing daily with your NMC battery? I haven't touched my DIY LiFePO4 battery in months, it just works.

I pull up VRM to confirm that the low temp charging protecting is working:

1681010255767.png

I may simply go to the Advanced tab and check the high/low cell limit:

1681010322943.png

3.82-3.83 deviation with the occasional dip and spike - a Batrium bug.

Or I might pull up the Batrium interface to look at all the cells and see if balancing is occuring at peak system voltage:

1681010416009.png

It gives me great comfort... :)

If I'm actually up there, and my wife is still asleep, I might close the container door and spend some "quality time" with my battery...

I see, thank you. Asking out of ignorance:) : does the menu come from the BMS (ie the BMS manufacturer builds the menu into the BMS), or does SOK design the menu to interface with the BMS?
I'm leaning towards SOK; but the menu system seems a bit on the cumbersome side...
Forgot to tag @HighTechLab (not sure if that matters or not...)

BMS manufacturer (for now)

BMS manufacturer (for now)
@HighTechLab Thanks. A question about that: when will those make it into new units, and/or will that update be available for units purchased earlier? (ie does new BMS FW need to beflashed at factory when built, or can it be updated on earlier units?)

@HighTechLab Thanks. A question about that: when will those make it into new units, and/or will that update be available for units purchased earlier? (ie does new BMS FW need to beflashed at factory when built, or can it be updated on earlier units?)
@HighTechLab I'm trying to figure out whether to purchase SOK or Trophy. Any thoughts on this?

lol @HighTechLab Is the importer/us distributer for SOK in the usa.
dont think he will ( or should ) answer this question any other way than " SOK" , and i'll.make sure you get the best @#€_& support i can give you
This was my question:
"does new BMS FW need to beflashed at factory when built, or can it be updated on earlier units purchased before the changes?"
They can answer that objectively ;) I'm not asking them which one to buy...

This was my question:
"does new BMS FW need to beflashed at factory when built, or can it be updated on earlier units purchased before the changes?"
They can answer that objectively ;) I'm not asking them which one to buy...
@HighTechLab when will those make it into new units, and/or will that update be available for units purchased earlier? I'm trying to figure out if it's a good to buy a battery now or wait -- ie is the new BMS FW possible only if built in at the factory, or can it be updated on earlier units if the unit is purchased now?

Back