diy solar

diy solar

Is Jackiper JK48V100PRO server rack batter approved for California use?

JohnL

I see the cells are UL listed for the JK48V100PRO, but is the overall unit UL Listed (approved) for California use?
Does a overall server rack unit also need to be certified? Eg SOK is certified -- does that mean all parts of it, or just the batteries?

I'd be using the Jackiper for an off-grid system, but I thought I read on these forums that for insurance reasons in case anything goes wrong, batteries need to have been UL listed.
My 2nd place is either EG4-LL or SOK, but Jackiper is less costly and Will has said they run fine for him.

Last edited:
This depends on if you are doing a system that interacts with the utility grid - if so it would need to be on the CEC list.

California electrical code also requires batteries to be UL9540 listed. This means Jakiper, SOK and EG4 are not up to par. SOK for example is only UL1973 listed.

This depends on if you are doing a system that interacts with the utility grid - if so it would need to be on the CEC list.

California electrical code also requires batteries to be UL9540 listed. This means Jakiper, SOK and EG4 are not up to par. SOK for example is only UL1973 listed.
@HighTechLab
Ah, I see, thanks. I'm assuming SOK is UL1973 (and not UL9540) due to hardware requirements, vs testing and certification. Is that accurate?

Last edited:
The UL9540 testing is in progress. We do not information whether hardware changes will be needed to meet 9540 requirements until after the testing has concluded. It's just too early to say.

Understood, thanks @HighTechLab. I'm guessing i'm asking too many questions so certainly feel free to ignore :D Out of curiosity is that testing eg a years' long process, or months / etc ?

Back