diy solar

diy solar

Will blasts Chargery

About a month ago I purchased a 16s chargery BMS from Craig.

I’m new to the lithium battery world and putting the finishing touches on a very cool lead acid to LiOn boat conversion (electric boat with max draw of 100A at 32v). Despite not doing anything with solar, I’ve found this site and wills videos to be very helpful.

as a newbie, I actually like the BMS from chargery. It’s ugly, but it’s raw and very customizable. The outputs for charge and discharge cutoff can be integrated in a variety of ways. And even as a first timer, it was not too difficult.

yes, the shunt that came with the unit wasn’t even CLOSE to calibrated. But it’s not hard to calibrate. Manual sucks.

but so far I like the BMS.

i also ordered a 25A charger directly from Jason... initially this charger was pretty nifty... programmable on the fly and you can select charge rate and end voltage and different settings for chemistries AND it communicates with the chargery bms vía little data cord to shut off or slow charging if cells imbalance or overcharge etc

HOWEVER, the charger broke a week after I received. Jason is giving me refund less the $100 shipping (both ways) .... which has left me with a bit of a sour taste. Maybe he will take a bit more responsibility, we’ll see.

I’ll be using an elcon charger which has enable/disable wires that can be controlled with a small relay controlled by the bms. Neat!

Overall, I’m happy with chargery bms. Durability and longevity yet to be determined
Does the chargery control your Elcon as expected? I'm trying to do the same thing, my Elcon is with them now being re-programmed. They are men of few words. Anyway, If you got it to work would you please let me know which optocoupler you used on COM 1 to control the Elcon. Also would you let me know how the Elcon actually responds when triggered to lower current? Does the Elcon just switch modes from Bulk to Absorb or something? I'd love to see a photo of your set up. Mounting the charger components without mounting tabs was a pain.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.39.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.39.54 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back