diy solar

diy solar

Wind Generator in Residential POA

yachtdr22

Greetings All,
I would like to augment my solar system with some wind generation.
I am in a residential area that has a POA so discretion is a must..
Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks
Drew

When presented with wind, in the vast majority of cases, the better option is to set your head on fire and put it out with a hammer.

Greetings!

There's thousands (maybe tens of thousands?) of people on this forum that can produce something like the below graph for thier PV system.

For many years now I've been looking for anyone who can produce such a graph for their residential scale wind turbine. One day no one will, not a typo. lol Seriously, I've been looking and asking for a long time.

I’ve installed a few dozen and been called to work on a few dozen others and can personally attest that they are far more trouble than then they are worth. **if you know what you are getting into and don't mind tinkering they could be fun but never something that you can rely on for energy.

1704587360148.png
tens

Last edited:
Oz:

Looks like you're using FusionCharts to create your graphs.

Me too:

fusion_charts.jpg

Hey V_green, That's a snip from my Solis Inverter monitoring dashboard. Sadly, I lost about 3 years of data when they migrated to a new dashboard. Oddly enough it was there for a few weeks then "poof". I thought I was pretty decent with making graphs a few years ago but hadn't for a while. I tried again a few days and wow talk about lost whatever skills I had so I'm struggling to make a pretty one. LOL.

Back