diy solar

diy solar

Wiring Solar Panels

plr

I have received the 48v GrowWatt all in one, two 24v Battle Born Batteries, all the wiring suggested by Will but I am waiting for 12 used solar panels that should be delivered next week.

For wiring my solar panels should I run the wire through flexible conduit or just when leaving the panels? Also do I need a combiner box once leaving the panels too?

It depends on the cable. I have some that is rated for direct burial so I just run that down the wall and into the shed.
if it is not outdoor rated or anything like that I would run all of it through conduit till you get it indoors. Even then conduit isn't a bad thing.

I use a combiner box I made myself just because it is easier than using multiple Y connectors. I would not spend a lot of money on one but having things neat and clean is also always a plus.

It depends on the cable. I have some that is rated for direct burial so I just run that down the wall and into the shed.
if it is not outdoor rated or anything like that I would run all of it through conduit till you get it indoors. Even then conduit isn't a bad thing.

I use a combiner box I made myself just because it is easier than using multiple Y connectors. I would not spend a lot of money on one but having things neat and clean is also always a plus.

Thanks Craig but does it matter that I have a metal roof?

Back