diy solar

diy solar

4 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Thats about the same thing my tp6048 has made mw wise but you've had your for a shorter time but have more panels than I do :)
Iirc I had around 2MWh on my TP6048. It still hangs on the wall waiting for use.

I hate letting potential power go to waste.... Currently boiling water on the induction top and in the steam generator for the mini sauna while running the water distiller, the coal stove really dry the air out.

Browser is my phone. I think it does it automatically. I don't think my batteries have ever been fully charged with this inverter. In fact we are close enough that your solar figures are nearly identical to mine, if you take into account my significantly less pv. Yes obviously they would benefit from balance every day, but you know the weather has not allowed that
Yea, we've been lucky to have decent weather in this area. A couple shots of snow possible over the next few days but should have some sun each day as well.
You'll be balancing daily soon enough.

Almost won the battle against float today. If I didn't clean off the 3 partially covered panels on the W facing roof I don't think I would have, but the bump it output was nice.

Attachments

• 1000000127.jpg
    1000000127.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2024-02-18-17-12-13-19_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-18-17-12-13-19_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2024-02-18-17-08-33-60_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-18-17-08-33-60_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 8
Some updates.
I had my first reportable issue Wednesday.
When I got home around sunset I heard the SRNE beeping, went to check it out and saw the fault light lit... I was bummed.
Everything was still working fine. The fault on the display was 12. It means a communication error. It went away within a few minutes of looking up the fault code in the manual and getting a picture.
I did some searches and couldn't find much except user @Kenny_ had the same fault once with his SGP version.
I emailed SRNE direct with the support email provided on their website. Within 6 hours I was given instructions on resetting the unit (I haven't reset it and have no intentions to). I replied back asking what would cause the fault and if there were any firmware updates, again I had a reply quickly with some explanation as well as the latest firmware version attached to the email. I'm hesitant to flash it since everything is working fine besides the random fault Wed.
I will be sure to let everyone know if any more issues come up or the fault returns. My only communication with the unit is SA and it is working fine.
I also asked for updates on the parallel version availability and instructions on updating the firmware, I expect a reply in a few hours.

In other news I finally got the panels swapped out on the ground mount and will finish wiring in the morning.
Oh cool, you get “Master-slave chip SPI communication failure” on the SRNE version too eh? I get 1-3 of these a month in the Sungold 10k usually, most of the time they clear themselves.

From what I can understand it’s some sort of a compiling error in regards to rs485

Oh cool, you get “Master-slave chip SPI communication failure” on the SRNE version too eh? I get 1-3 of these a month in the Sungold 10k usually, most of the time they clear themselves.

From what I can understand it’s some sort of a compiling error in regards to rs485
Yes. It was one time that I saw. Haven't caught it again.

Recommendations for high quality Din Rail fuse holders?

img_thermal_1708806132436.jpg

Attachments

• img_thermal_1708806141637.jpg
    img_thermal_1708806141637.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2
  • img_thermal_1708806616577.jpg
    img_thermal_1708806616577.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2
  • img_thermal_1708806644749.jpg
    img_thermal_1708806644749.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2
Wow. I’d heard this was the case with some of these Chinese specials were running. She’s warm.
A little bit... I'm not super worried but an item to pay attention to.

I guess the question I should be asking, are those temps normal?

These are the holders in the photo.

ASI AFB01F3P DIN Rail Mounted Midget Fuse Holder, UL, 3 Pole, 10 x 38 mm, 13/32" Diameter x 1.5" Length, 18 to 8 AWG, 30 Amp, 600V https://a.co/d/fIufVHp

Edit - I think I found some.
MidNite Solar MNTS Touch Safe Fuse Holder 1000VDC 30A https://a.co/d/9zkYYpl

Last edited:
Just curious, what kind of voltage drop can you read across the breaker, should be minimum if little to no resistance assuming current flow across/through the breaker is creating the heat.

Just curious, what kind of voltage drop can you read across the breaker, should be minimum if little to no resistance assuming current flow across/through the breaker is creating the heat.
I will check tomorrow under load, suns sleeping here.
I did check connections and they were tight.
~22a ~240V in ideal sun.

Measuring zero noticeable drop across the fuse or the breaker on either string.
Thinking it's the PV wire jumper I used... I shouldn't have used a ferrule with thick stranded wire...
I'll make a new one up with some marine wire and see how it acts.
Really don't want to disconnect the array under load but the temps bothering me.
img_thermal_1708871711852.jpg

In other news the ASF beeps twice when you get to 4.9Kw on a leg but keeps trucking along.
IMG_20240225_093840.jpg
Over 2.75MWh

Screenshot_20240225-093811.jpg

Well it wasn't the wire / shitty ferrule job.
I'm thinking these fuse holders don't like ~22A...

img_thermal_1708874086191.jpg

This is the roof strings, S string is the hotter one.
img_thermal_1708874255744.jpg

Victron 100/20 isn't much cooler.
img_thermal_1708874567089.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_101620.jpg
    IMG_20240225_101620.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 13
Days are definitely getting longer...
Might be the first time I didn't hit float on a nearly perfect day, radiator space heater near the battery bank made a great long term dump load and saved some coal.

Screenshot_20240225-185215.jpg
If the weather cooperates I could break 3MWh by March but I don't think I'll get that lucky...

Wife was hot today when I came in for lunch, it was only 81°F in the house. :ROFLMAO:

I've been running the heat pump 24/7 for weeks now. I did purchase some Shelly Plus outlets and run the electric radiators thru those. This allows me to remotely turn the radiators on/off with my phone. I can get the living room temp off the heat pump app and that can be controlled remotely on my phone. Great dump loads but I'm still overproducing power and need to move on the hot water heater dump load.

The Shelly Plus also has timing functions in the app, I have the main dump load start at an hour before my alarm goes off. I have the heat pump timer set to increase temp an hour before too. I used to run this manually when I'd wake up in the morning, now I have things nice and warm when I go to make my morning coffee.

I went with Shelly as they seem to be moving towards whole house load control integration and don't require Alexa or Siri which I am not interested in. One other feature with Shelly is it does record the Kwh used. Since Feb 16th, I've run 132.5 Kwh thru that heater. That should be about 450K Btu's which is about 5 gallons of propane. I should install a Shelly monitor on the heat pump. It probably used about the same Kwh but if COP is 3.0 that is another 15 gallons of propane.

I did turn down the thermostat on the heat pump for her. :)

Thanks for the info the Shelly @Zwy I'll have to order some, I see them being very useful.

I also need to get on with the water heater, I realized I could pull clean warm air from the upstairs in the winter if I go with a heat pump. That would save a lot of work framing out a closet to keep coal dust out.

Reactions: Zwy
Back