diy solar

diy solar

4 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

I've been happy now that December / January is over...

3 of them are made from 3 laminated 2x6s (with the crown alternating). I added 2 more 4x6s halfway through because why not overbuild.
They are all a minimum of 3' deep and each have at least 240lb of concrete.
Some additional info here https://diysolarforum.com/threads/diy-ground-mount-laminated-posts.67728/

It's been through 50+ mph justs and fairly heavy snow with no issues. Some of the winds have moved other things around that were never affected and it's been solid. It is sheltered from the N side by the house and the W by a line of trees.

I saw that video shortly after I finished mine up.

The ability to tilt made a substantial difference in production in December/January. My biggest regret is not accounting for the slope of the ground properly, tilted steep I have to shovel snow from the front of the left side.

I came across them on CL about a month ago, seller wanted something ridiculous so I offered a ridiculous low ball he replied weeks later that he would take it. They are supposedly new old stock 230Ah CALB cells that have been sitting in a storage building for 2 years.
I'm just trying to get photos of the cells before I drive to NY, all I've seen are sealed boxes on a pallet.
I saw some pics of it, looks good.

I had to concrete in 10 posts, the back ones were all 8ft, except the one furthest up the hill, which was a 6ft'er. After I figured out how much I needed above level, I took a circular saw to even them out. The front 5 posts were obviously shorter, also had to cut them down to level. Used 8ft 4x4's between front and back posts to support the unistruts.

Used 21 50lb bags of quikrete for all ten posts. Did a LOT of mixing the 'crete in a wheelbarrow then lugging it down to the site, usually two bags mixtures at a time. I had all the bags on the truck, so I'd pull a bag to the tailgate, slit it open, dump into wheelbarrow, and slowly add the water. Was a challenge figuring out how much water to add, didn't want it too soupy. Settled for with a thick oatmeal like consistency.

I had designed a tilt feature into my mount using tractor top-links as the adjuster, but was already tired of working on it, I just wanted it built, so I could get the panels put on. We put on the panels about 13 months ago.

Here's my build thread-

Great deal on the CALB cells (about 50 of them?) those are supposedly top of the line. Sounds like you're going to need some more panels and another inverter to charge them up 😁😁

So like the the EG4 6500, this inverter has the same UL1741 accreditation. Which isn't important to me as I'd not need to have it inspected, but it's nice to have it.

You could could probably say other than one or two loads, you're essentially off grid. And you have coal for heat, so you're good there.

Another record day.
Screenshot_20240329-183654.jpg

I'm betting the quote for 2 of the parallel version comes in under 3k.
I'm torn between ordering them and selling mine or just ordering another non parallel and feeding a separate panel...

I'll share pricing when Abby replies along with the owners manual.

Another record day.
View attachment 205658

I'm betting the quote for 2 of the parallel version comes in under 3k.
I'm torn between ordering them and selling mine or just ordering another non parallel and feeding a separate panel...

I'll share pricing when Abby replies along with the owners manual.
Man ... I hate you!!! Same week I order a couple of the nhx inverters the stack-able srne come along.:fp

I'm going to have to test if this can run a dump load by enabling ON GRd.
I'd leave the grid breaker off and add a resistive load to the grid panel.
I hope it will power the dump load when the batteries are full but I don't think it will work without sensing the grid.
Have you tested this?

One of these days I'll figure out how to calibrate the JBDs properly.
In the mean time my hopes and dreams of not needing supplemental power anymore this year are shattered. I am to stubborn to use the grid so I'm giving the 5500W generator a workout.

I did have to switch to APL to get it to accept the generator power this time, not sure what changed.

Regardless I doubt I would have made it through tomorrow without a charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403-163022.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403-163022.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240403-162504.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403-162504.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240403_160202.jpg
    IMG_20240403_160202.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240403_162521.jpg
    IMG_20240403_162521.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240403-160147.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403-160147.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 8
This may have been asked but is your inverter basically the same as this Sungold Power 10KW inverter? I looked thru the owner's manual and it looks very similar, especially the display.

So how much PV have you run thru now? Any issues with it lately? I reached my first megawatt hour milestone last week.

This may have been asked but is your inverter basically the same as this Sungold Power 10KW inverter? I looked thru the owner's manual and it looks very similar, especially the display.

So how much PV have you run thru now? Any issues with it lately? I reached my first megawatt hour milestone last week.

Everything I have seen and reports from members running the SGP show it is the same inverter.

I'm darn close, if not over 4mWh. I'll check today.

Check out the last page of this thread with pricing for the new ASP parallel model....
~$2300 delivered for 2 of them, 20kW output on tap.

$2300 delivered for 2 of them, 20kW output on tap
That sounds like a great deal for two 10K units. I'm not looking to upgrade yet, but this family of inverters will be on the top of my list. I would imagine the prices will continue to drop by the time I'm ready to upgrade.

Who else on here has these inverters, doesn't @Kenny_ have one?

Last edited:
That sounds like a great deal for two 10K units. I'm not looking to upgrade yet, but this family of inverters will be on the top of my list. I would imagine the prices will continue to drop by the time I'm ready to upgrade.

Who else on here has these inverters, doesn't @Kenny_ have one?
Darn close to 4...
IMG_20240410_175559__01.jpg

Yes Kenny and @Lighthouse Beacon have the SGP version.
Iirc @bhavin66 @nickj @marionw @myles have the SRNE version and others I can't remember (sorry guys/gals).
There or some other running the Powmr version as well.

Again, if it weren't for that silly Victron MPPT and stupid clouds I'd be over 4mWh.

I've made up my mind (I think) , I'll be ordering 2 of the ASP and running them in parallel.
I'll sell the SGP and likely keep the ASF for additional redundancy.

IMG_20240411_180014__01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240411_180048__01.jpg
    IMG_20240411_180048__01.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240411-175722.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411-175722.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 5
Again, if it weren't for that silly Victron MPPT and stupid clouds I'd be over 4mWh.

I've made up my mind (I think) , I'll be ordering 2 of the ASP and running them in parallel.
I'll sell the SGP and likely keep the ASF for additional redundancy.

View attachment 208762
which sgp do you have again? i'm in the market for a small inverter

Back