diy solar

diy solar

50 amp rv questions

gibbajabba

Hi there i have some questions on powering a 50 amp rv with solar, the rv is stationary and the panels would be about 80ft away. I have run a calculator that says i use about 3200ahr, i've been reading for a few days after watching Wills videos and would like to go the EG4 route. The rv has a Xantrex 1200 inverter installed. Could someone point me in the right direction :)

Hi there i have some questions on powering a 50 amp rv with solar, the rv is stationary and the panels would be about 80ft away. I have run a calculator that says i use about 3200ahr, i've been reading for a few days after watching Wills videos and would like to go the EG4 route. The rv has a Xantrex 1200 inverter installed. Could someone point me in the right direction :)
Keep reading. There is much to learn, firstly being to start using Wh instead of Ah.

I'm assuming with "3200ahr" you mean 3200Ah, and that is at 12v nominal. If that's the case, you should definitely be using a higher nominal voltage, atleast 24v IMO, and 48v recommended.

Keep reading. There is much to learn, firstly being to start using Wh instead of Ah.

I'm assuming with "3200ahr" you mean 3200Ah, and that is at 12v nominal. If that's the case, you should definitely be using a higher nominal voltage, atleast 24v IMO, and 48v recommended.
Thanks I'll read some more (y)

Thanks I'll read some more (y)
I did what you are doing. I had 6kW of Solar on the ground mounted next to my RV and 2880w on the roof. With 2x LV6548s and 540ah of 48v LiFePO4.

My build thread goes through my lengthy journey and hiccups along the way:

Back