diy solar

diy solar

Ac coupled to 18k

Bricktop

I have a SolarEdge inverter that worked good before I installed my 18k. I hooked it up to the 18k gen port and now I have no power to SE inverter. The ac couple setting is checked on 18k. But SE support said their is no ac power. I’ve been on the phone with eg4 CS for 4 hours total from today and yesterday. They just say ac coupled is checked and they don’t know what else to do. Supposed to get back to me in 10 minutes but that was acouple hours ago so not to sure about getting an answer from them. I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions or experience with what the problem might be. And if there is somehow a setting that needs changed. Any suggestions would be helpful at this point.

Does your multimeter show any power on the Gen port? Also, when you select AC Coupled box, listen for an audible switch sound. You should be able to hear it.

Last edited:
Are you on grid or off grid? IF off grid set,
AC Couple Start SOC(%) 93
AC Couple End SOC(%)95

Firmware update? If that does not work, I would turn off seamless switch to see if that helps.

Are you on grid or off grid? IF off grid set,
AC Couple Start SOC(%) 93
AC Couple End SOC(%)95
On the inverter the off grid out output is checked but I’m currently using all my power from the grid because I have no solar tied in yet. I wanted to get the current system i had up and running using the SE inverter ac coupled before I tie in the rest of my solar I installed myself that has never been running.

Is your battery below 93%, needs to be lower than that before the ac couple will switch on.

Anything lower than 93% the Ac coupled inverter turns on, At 95% the ac coupled inverter turns off. This is for a no grid situation. (grid down)

If you disable off grid mode, the AC Coupled inverter is not restricted by the batteries charge levels. Like above.

Attachments

• IMG_5077.jpeg
    IMG_5077.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Is your battery below 93%, needs to be lower than that before the ac couple will switch on.

Anything lower than 93% the Ac coupled inverter turns on, At 95% the ac coupled inverter turns off. This is for a no grid situation. (grid down)

If you disable off grid mode, the AC Coupled inverter is not restricted by the batteries charge levels. Like above.
Believe the battery SoC for AC coupling also applies if on grid. You never know when grid might drop out and battery/inverter has to be ready to swallow any excess PV power that was being exported to grid.

Believe the battery SoC for AC coupling also applies if on grid. You never know when grid might drop out and battery/inverter has to be ready to swallow any excess PV power that was being exported to grid.
Yeah good point, that's why I put 95% on the AC Couple End SOC(%) a lot of other use 99%, but I want to leave enough room for a drop out.

I took screenshot of my settings and my inverter screen to help see what my actual settings are at

Attachments

• IMG_2882.jpeg
    IMG_2882.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2881.png
    IMG_2881.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2880.png
    IMG_2880.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2879.png
    IMG_2879.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2878.png
    IMG_2878.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2877.png
    IMG_2877.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 15
OK, you said that you don't have voltage on your gen port, right?

Your images show power flowing from grid to load.

If you are set to AC couple, then the gen port must have voltage, which is clearly does not.

My guess is that you don't have AC Couple enabled.

You have the parameters set, but it is not enabled.

You enable it on the inverter itself, I do not think you can do this via the web or app.

After you check what millsan1 said, check these settings from my 18Kpv.

Attachments

• IMG_5082.png
    IMG_5082.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 17
Looks like AC coupled box is selected, or this would not be showing.

Attachments

• IMG_5083.png
    IMG_5083.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 9
Back