diy solar

diy solar

Ac coupled to 18k

After you check what millsan1 said, check these settings from my 18Kpv.
Anytime I try to change any setting in the app I get unknow error message or operation failed

Attachments

• IMG_2889.png
    IMG_2889.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2890.png
    IMG_2890.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I would DM @EG4_Jared, he should be able to go into your system online. He fixed mine also.

But please let us know how it gets fixed. Thanks

I meant to mention, if you change the grid sell back setting like I have. Make sure you have a net meter installed. You probably already know this though. I am glad it’s working.

Last edited:
I am having the EXACT same problem. I believe there is a bug in the EG4 software that is not allowing the relay to turn on to switch GRID power to the GEN port as it states in the manual

I have a SolarEdge inverter that worked good before I installed my 18k. I hooked it up to the 18k gen port and now I have no power to SE inverter. The ac couple setting is checked on 18k. But SE support said their is no ac power. I’ve been on the phone with eg4 CS for 4 hours total from today and yesterday. They just say ac coupled is checked and they don’t know what else to do. Supposed to get back to me in 10 minutes but that was acouple hours ago so not to sure about getting an answer from them. I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions or experience with what the problem might be. And if there is somehow a setting that needs changed. Any suggestions would be helpful at this point.
I am having same problem but with SMA Sonny Boy 6.0 string inverters 0 voltage on gen port. EG4 or Signature Solar needs better setting instructions for AC coupling

My ac coupled inverter kept causing my 18Kpv gen port to disconnect. My fix was turning off the seamless switch. Wonder if that would help yours.

Last edited:
To activate the gen port relay you must enable GRID SELL BACK and set GRID SELL BACK POWER min 0.1-25.5 kw.

Ac couple start soc 95% when battery soc fall below this setting the ac couple will start again. Turn on the gen relay
Ac couple stop soc 98% when the battery reach this settings the ac couple will stop working. Turn off the gen relay

Start and stop soc setting will only take affect during power outages or in offgrid mode.

Back