diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba DAP vs DDP

tweekzilla

Alibaba Noob here. So looking at buying some cells from @Amy Wan (Luyuan) from their alibaba site (16x cell with free shipping). The ones I'm looking at are DAP only for shipping. How much of a pain is that vs DDP? Is it fairly straight forward to sort out or should I ask to get DDP?

TL;DR
DDP = easy and lowest risk with no additional costs for delivery.
DAP = hard and highest risk with additional costs to get it through Customs and to get from Customs to you.

----

DDP = stuff shows up on your doorstep for the price you paid. Seller takes the risk and has responsibility until it's at your door.
DAP = stuff shows up at Customs. You are responsible for import duties and shipping from Customs to your location. Seller's risk ends at Customs. Buyer assumes all risk/fees between arrival at Customs and final delivery.

TL;DR
DDP = easy and lowest risk with no additional costs for delivery.
DAP = hard and highest risk with additional costs to get it through Customs and to get from Customs to you.

----

DDP = stuff shows up on your doorstep for the price you paid. Seller takes the risk and has responsibility until it's at your door.
DAP = stuff shows up at Customs. You are responsible for import duties and shipping from Customs to your location. Seller's risk ends at Customs. Buyer assumes all risk/fees between arrival at Customs and final delivery.
Ah so I have to sort out shipping from the Customs location to home... I think I definitely need DDP then or if it's just delviered to your local port and and you drive there, pay customs and put it in the back of your car/truck then I'm ok with that too. (I'm in LA so maybe DAP might work thinking about it. Do most people do DAP or DDP?

Most (if not all) do DDP. Again, it's not just about responsibility for shipping, it's about paying the import duties, which might be another 20%.

I made a similar post about high shipping cost on Amy's Alibaba page. A member pointed out it's best to confirm with Amy directly about, well, everything. She's very quick to respond, knowledgeable and gracious.

I made a similar post about high shipping cost on Amy's Alibaba page. A member pointed out it's best to confirm with Amy directly about, well, everything. She's very quick to respond, knowledgeable and gracious.

Yes. The shipping prices on the site are silly. IIRC, my 9 280Ah cells were $250 DDP to AZ.

Thanks -I've messaged her on alibaba and I'll check our the page if as @snoobler states it's more like $250 DDP for 9 cells than I'm not that worried (vs what it is if you just add to the cart and that's not even DDP)

When you give her your shipping address, she will give you a shipping quote. In this current climate with container shipping horribly backlogged, I wouldn't be surprised if costs are higher for longer times. Mine took 7 weeks from order.

Back