diy solar

diy solar

Anker 531 folding solar panels

Tip&Ring

Hello everyone, another newbie here. Anyone have experience with wiring Anker 531 panels in series ? Can they be damaged ? Anker says not to. They came with my Solix power station. I want to connect them to a MPP Solar 48V AIO . MPPT requires minimum of 60 V to operate. . In parallel, these panels have VOC of 57.6 V, operating voltage listed is 48 V. Thanks in advance.

Specs​

Rated Power
200W
Open Circuit Voltage
57.6V
Operating Voltage
48V
Operating Current
4.17A

Normally this would be determined by a max system voltage rating, which is based on the insulated rating of internal wiring. Anker doesn't seem to specify the max system voltage rating for this panel. So if they say not to use in series, the risk would be that you exceed the voltage rating of internal wiring or connectors.

Normally this would be determined by a max system voltage rating, which is based on the insulated rating of internal wiring. Anker doesn't seem to specify the max system voltage rating for this panel. So if they say not to use in series, the risk would be that you exceed the voltage rating of internal wiring or connectors.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping somebody had experience with that panel. Funny thing is Anker has a blog about the subject, mentioning that panel, but support said not to do it.

Back