diy solar

diy solar

Anyone else's Sol-Ark 15K miss the DST change this morning?

mbshoe

The touch screen shows "Time Sync" is checked, and the install manual describes "Time Sync" as "Automatically syncs with the internet for daylight savings time changes"

This is causing the display at pv.inteless.com to show all zeros for current power, and the graphed data is off by an hour.

I have time sync turned off due to not wanting to use the PV Pro app and have it continually talking to China. As soon as I did that the Sol-Ark would sync with UTC time and thus wouldn’t be accurate to our local time zone. It appears the app has some ability to control the actual offset.

So, it’s manual time changes for me twice a year and zero internet connection for the inverter. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

The touch screen shows "Time Sync" is checked, and the install manual describes "Time Sync" as "Automatically syncs with the internet for daylight savings time changes"

This is causing the display at pv.inteless.com to show all zeros for current power, and the graphed data is off by an hour.
Mine seems fine..

Um, actually, that’s not what the page says… it says many inverters use us based servers, and us based servers are more accurate, blah blah… it doesn’t say they use them…
That's why I said "infer" not state. By including this on their web site, they are inferring that Sol-Ark data is on US servers.

That whole page is wishful thinking on the part of Sol-ark. They have a picture of Solar Assistant, which is superior to PView, but they don't use and frown upon, and they say US-based servers, when they don't.
Had time to hop on today and wanted to leave a comment or two. First Solar Assistant isn't frowned upon we just can't offer tech/engineering support for it since it's not our product. It's pretty good and a lot of customers use it. We've used it before to do some advanced troubleshooting on a few sites.

We are currently working on Sol-Ark monitoring to be US-based, but it's not active yet. I went ahead and reported that page to management. Perhaps it was prematurely posted.

For the time sync issues, I would say try making sure the address on PV Pro is correct, and if that doesn't work call in to make sure your wifi dongle firmware is up to date. If there is an issue going on a fresh firmware flash to the dongle might be able to correct any logic issues. It only takes 3-5 minutes and there is no power interruption only a brief data interruption.

Back