diy solar

diy solar

AOlithium 24v battery

Dooug

Slightly rambling thoughts ahead about my truck camper build.

Anyone try one of there 24v batteries out? I reached out to them twice this week and have not heard back on the following questions. If anyone has any insight that would be great.
-Low temp protection? They have it for the 12v 100ah but no mention on the rest of the batteries.
-Actual dimensions? It shows the same dimensions for their 24v 100 and 200AH batteries which is odd. I guess they may use the same case.

Almost ordered 4 of the 100AHs and two balancers as the cost is comparable to 2 24v 100ah. But really want to avoid series run batteries. Would also struggle to squeeze 4 100ahs in the same space.

I am really struggling to pick a pair of batteries , top contender is the SOK 24v 100ah because they fit the space well and achieve my goal of having roughly 5kwhs. Recently found Eco-worthy 24v batteries that use the taller 105AH cells and they would fit the best out of anything but they don't have low temp protection or really any reviews at all.

Seem most manufacturers are using the short squat 100 AH cells vs the taller 105AH cells. Any reason for this?

I am considering abandoning low temp protection for a couple reasons. But have not decided yet.
-I have a victron system and can use Cerbo to control charging from inverter, mppts and switch the DC to DC charger off in freezing conditions.
-Batteries are mounted inside a bigfoot camper.
- During winter storage i can just shut the system down
- While in use during freezing temperatures the camper will be well heated and have the cerbo to protect charging.

Bad call on ditching low voltage protection?

Still considering DIY packs, probably do a pair of 24v 280ah pack for my off grid place next year. Also hellbent on having two batteries/BMS's for redundancy sakes. Maybe im crazy. Decided on a 24v system to allow short duration AC use and to match the system voltage of my off grid place in case of break downs at the place in mexico.

Back