diy solar

diy solar

Apexium Battery Box Assembly

B-ManFX4

Solar Enthusiast
I am reading the instructions and making an inventory of the parts and all seems well, except for this info on page 45. Do any of you have an idea of what they are trying to tell me with regards to connecting the wiring to the BMS? I don't see a "short wire" vs a "long wire".

Page 45.jpg

I am reading the instructions and making an inventory of the parts and all seems well, except for this info on page 45. Do any of you have an idea of what they are trying to tell me with regards to connecting the wiring to the BMS? I don't see a "short wire" vs a "long wire".

View attachment 204094
Looks like the left side is connected first in the orientation shown in the photo. Are they the same width connector?

View attachment 204094
Be aware that you follow seplos's instructions ..
Apexium doesn't give you a correct assembly guide, with chances of burns

Length of the ribbon cable, is one longer than the other?
Winner winner chicken dinner.

I saw both cables in the bag and didn't bother to pull them out. You are correct - one is longer than the other.

I really need to learn to be less literal when I read translated manuals.

Thank you everyone !!!

Looks like the left side is connected first in the orientation shown in the photo. Are they the same width connector?
Yes, the connectors are identical. However, in my instance, the long ribbon cable has a red wire amongst all of the white wires. The short ribbon cable does not. Maybe because they ran out of white wire I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Be aware that you follow seplos's instructions ..
Apexium doesn't give you a correct assembly guide, with chances of burns

That video is more like a marketing video than an actual how-to video. I noticed in that video they say to put copper washers on the battery terminals and then the bus bars. My kits did not come with copper washers. The instructions say to put the bus bar directly onto the battery terminals.

That video is more like a marketing video than an actual how-to video. I noticed in that video they say to put copper washers on the battery terminals and then the bus bars. My kits did not come with copper washers. The instructions say to put the bus bar directly onto the battery terminals.
Correct apexium doesn't come with the tinned crush rings..
But what is important is the rest of the connections, correct order and torque , especially around the fuse

A friend’s dad had one of the 280 Pro’s and is getting three more. Price seems unusually low.

So I've run into snag # 1. It appears they set the wrong dimensions in their machinery when they punched the holes for the power connectors to mount to the box. I am going to contact them to see what they feel the solution to the problem will look like.

Apexium Defect 1.jpg

Apexium Defect 2.jpg

I'm happy to report that I contacted the vendor and they shipped a replacement panel to me via FedEx. Even though it came from Hong Kong it arrived in only 5 days. I'm pretty happy with that.

Back