diy solar

diy solar

Backup loads only on Deye Hybrid Inverter 3 Phase 12K Inverter SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU / Wifi

liberumyu

Hi all.

I will replace my EASUN 3P system soon with 2x Deye Hybrid Inverter 3 Phase 12K Inverter SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU / Wifi and there is one thing which I cannot figure out from manual.

As I don’t have dedicated backup power wiring I was planning to run everything as backup load on Deye. Is this possible with grid on?

Hi all.

I will replace my EASUN 3P system soon with 2x Deye Hybrid Inverter 3 Phase 12K Inverter SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU / Wifi and there is one thing which I cannot figure out from manual.

As I don’t have dedicated backup power wiring I was planning to run everything as backup load on Deye. Is this possible with grid on?
Yep, that is how I run mine

Well, that’s why I’ll put 2 in parallel :)

And another 5.5 kW of panels
Which is how I run mine..
But, as discussed before, if you don't need more than 8 kw on one phase peek, consider running one of them as a cold back up.
Each will consume 65-80 w every hour, for 24 hours...

But, as discussed before, if you don't need more than 8 kw on one phase peek, consider running one of them as a cold back up.
I’m considering that and initially I’ll put only one and check behavior in some extreme situations (car charging 12a per phase, stove on and AC x3 running).

If Deye runs without problems I’ll gold plate it :)

Currently I cannot have all of that running at same time, EASUN just goes to bypass for 10 minutes and come back later.

What would happen if I would switch off slave inverter? Would Master still work?

One ide just came up to wire both inverters and let them run but to switch on slave only when needed so their internal load on system is reduced.

Any thought on this?

Also, is their self consumption used from grid or solar/battery? Probably depends on current mode, but no harm in asking :)

What would happen if I would switch off slave inverter? Would Master still work?
yes, but you need to unset the parallel settings....
Cold backup is not an automated process

One ide just came up to wire both inverters and let them run but to switch on slave only when needed so their internal load on system is reduced.

Any thought on this?
this is exactly what i am doing, however , you need to uset the parallel settings on the master, otherwise it will throw a parallel error and stop inverting
Also, is their self consumption used from grid or solar/battery? Probably depends on current mode, but no harm in asking :)
you answered your question yourself :)

Back