diy solar

diy solar

Budget Models with Amazing Future Power; some DIY required

Worse case, cut through the case and add your favorite style of connector (e.g., an Anderson).

I'll start a Show and Tell thread when I rebuild it.

Example of Anderson Powerpole panel mount used for this purpose in a jump starter I'm modifying:

It slices, it dices, it makes julienne fries! But wait, there's more.... it will even jump start your car! Way to go, svetz

I believe the Bluetti ac200 is The best back up solar generator money can buy. They have the capability of being plugged in to a normal grid tied wall socket to charge the generator, or attached to a solar array, or lead acid battery, or even from a 12v car port! Definitely worth looking into...

Last edited by a moderator:
...I believe the Bluetti ac200 is The best back up solar generator money can buy....
Possibly!

The AC200 has 1750 Wh and currently retails for ~$1800 or $1028/kWh and has NMC chemisty.

Buuuuuttttt.... my Jump peak start cost $176/kWh and uses LiFePO4 chemistry.

Possibly!

The AC200 has 1750 Wh and currently retails for ~$1800 or $1028/kWh and has NMC chemisty.

Buuuuuttttt.... my Jump peak start cost $176/kWh and uses LiFePO4 chemistry.

And run your calculation for the AC200 at $1000 or even $1200 which is the current price

Last edited by a moderator:
...run your calculation for the AC200 at $1000 or even $1200 which is the current price...
Maxoak lists the retail price as $1799. To meet $176/kWh the AC200 price would have to fall at or below $475. Of course, it has bells, whistles, and a sexy screen that the Peak can't compete with. Also, having the dead Peak in the garage meant I got of lot of the DIY parts for free, but then that's one of the points of the thread...to reuse what you have.

Last edited:
Updated the OP with a list of known conversion projects, so if you've done one and posted it in the Show & Tell forum let me know and I'll add a link to it.

If you don't want to use the alligator clips, anything directly connected to the battery would do.

For example, if it has a non-regulated 12V cigarette lighter (e.g., direct battery connection, usually only fancy ones have a regulated output), you could plug the SCC output into there.

After that it depends on what sort of connectors are available on the jump-start. Anything 12V connected to the battery would work.
Worse case, cut through the case and add your favorite style of connector (e.g., an Anderson).

1593018782531-png.16077
Or, just two small machine screws if there isn't much room inside:

1593019764279-png.16080
The washers on both sides of the case add strength to the "connector", inside nut holds the screw and battery connector (ring terminal) in place, outside nut holds the ring terminal from the SCC securely. Might want to use red nail polish on the positive nut.​

You can put the fuse inside or out if your SCC needs one.
I've been using these automotive pass thrus. I replace the nuts on the outside with wing nutz.

Back