diy solar

diy solar

Cell prices coming down

Do spend all money
If that SRNE 12K 120/240 parallelable inverter comes online, I will be in HUGE TROUBLE - because the two 12k inverters will replace my three current ones, and in the process make room for another tower of battery packs...NOOOOoooooooh...200kWh ESS wow, that sounds sooo awesome...DSAM!

THERE IS BETTER NEWS !
The Price War Trickle Down effect is now in Full Force.
Majors like CATL, BYD and a few others are now into a Pricing Battle and it is expected that LFP will continue to decline for at least a few more months (from the tradies etc that I follow, I feel that will continue for about 6 months or so before it ends.)

One of Several but this is a good report on the ongoing...

THERE IS A GOTCHA IN THIS !
When Elephants fight, the grasses suffer. As the Big Boys goto Price Wars, the smaller companies will scramble and many will falter. This is TIME FOR CAUTION because things will become aggressive and of course the Schemers & Shiesters will pop out of the woodwork. Stick to Name Brand KNOWN Companies like EVE, BYD, CATL, Gotion, Lishen, etc and be VIGILANT with the vendors & their offers.

With Amazon availability of 12V 280Ah and 300Ah for around $500, one can assemble a 14k-15kWh 48V battery for around $2k.

Putting 12V batteries in series to make 48V comes with it's own set of problems though.
Oh no doubt, the mystery of the voltage of 16 invisible cells is definitely a concern. But just an indication that the off the shelf market is dropping, where last year a 12V 200Ah would be going for $500 now it's the 300Ah capacity at that price. Diy with your own BMS is still cheaper for the big cells but not a lot of difference now.

Diy with your own BMS is still cheaper for the big cells but not a lot of difference now.

I still can DIY for 50% less compared to e.g. that EG4 PowerPro Budget Model 14.3kWh LiFePO4 Battery for $3,431 Will reviewed a few days ago.

Let's see how things evolve...

I still can DIY for 50% less compared to e.g. that EG4 PowerPro Budget Model 14.3kWh LiFePO4 Battery for $3,431 Will reviewed a few days ago.

Let's see how things evolve...
My first four 8s boxes complete with EVE 304s were $1160.00, ordered about eight weeks ago and received at seven weeks. my next order will be a little lower but not much because of additional items and shipping.

E8EE3338-4158-4F8A-87F3-1F40A1366942.jpeg5D8D9E07-F251-4E33-9653-9918B05E4C2C.jpegD5728490-E5BA-48B5-AC49-99ABCB36E4C5.jpeg007B915F-82F8-44BF-8D3C-BF4A3E59F790.jpeg

Last edited:
Even when using seplos boxes I build for 60% of the pricing of the eg4's

I'm just being conservative. If shipping wasn't such a big issue right now, I could get cells close to 50 Euro per kWh.

I'm still looking at the feasibility of a 1MWh container, and things are not looking bad at all.

I'm just being conservative. If shipping wasn't such a big issue right now, I could get cells close to 50 Euro per kWh.

I'm still looking at the feasibility of a 1MWh container, and things are not looking bad at all.
As in import 1 MWh of cells into the eu ?

Back