diy solar

diy solar

circuit breaker spark

Ok so they call those bullet breakers , I have seen those in my parts searching .

I am using something similar but a little bigger for disconnects on my DIY battery builds , 2 pole F series Carling Technologies DC breakers rated at 50,000 AIC DC along with A6T fuses rated at 100,000 AIC DC .

suB22Wq.jpeg

kylIMr1.jpeg
How do you place the class Ts versus the 200A breakers? There's not many who use the MNEDCs presumably due to the costs, @SilverbackMP is using the 250As along with the 2000A midnite combiner box which can handle six of the breakers on each end.

I started with one mnedc250 but picked up another five when they were on sale for $47 each. Currently just have one between a distributor and a power in, but will add one to each seperate battery. Work in progress not a permanent config.

20240226_153131.jpg
20240428_135401.jpg

How do you place the class Ts versus the 200A breakers? There's not many who use the MNEDCs presumably due to the costs, @SilverbackMP is using the 250As along with the 2000A midnite combiner box which can handle six of the breakers on each end.

I started with one mnedc250 but picked up another five when they were on sale for $47 each. Currently just have one between a distributor and a power in, but will add one to each seperate battery. Work in progress not a permanent config.

View attachment 215255
View attachment 215258

I'm making up 5 - 16 cell eve lf280k v3 batteries and will be putting the A6T fuses as close to the + side of each bank as I can and a JK-B2A20S20P BMS off the - side , then the + from the fuse and - from the BMS on each bank will be going to a 2 pole 200A breaker(for shutdown and isolation of each bank as needed) , from there they will be wired to bus bars and then on to 2 lv6548's set up in split phase with 1 A6T fuse and 1 2 pole breaker from the bus bars to each lv6548.

The 200A DC carling tech breakers I am using have a street price of $500+or- each but I have been finding them NOS surplus for $35-$50 each , If I had to pay full price I would go with the MNEDC 1 pole breakers but just on the + side as they are about $100 each now that the alte store shut down.

Last edited:
I'm making up 5 - 16 cell eve lf280k v3 batteries and will be putting the A6T fuses as close to the + side of each bank as I can and a JK-B2A20S20P BMS off the - side , then the + from the fuse and - from the BMS on each bank will be going to a 2 pole 200A breaker(for shutdown and isolation of each bank as needed) , from there they will be wired to bus bars and then on to 2 lv6548's set up in split phase with 1 A6T fuse and 1 2 pole breaker from the bus bars to each lv6548.

The 200A DC carling tech breakers I am using have a street price of $500+or- each but I have been finding them NOS surplus for $35-$50 each , If I had to pay full price I would go with the MNEDC 1 pole breakers but just on the + side as they are about $100 each now that the alte store shut down.
I'm not sure what country you are in but I think suggested retail for the Midnite mnedc175 and 250A is $142. Cheapest now altE is gone is Stellavolta which can use Amazon payment (usually ends up cheaper with shipping that Stellavolta via Amazon).

Edit, oh I see they are double pole versions. You could pair a couple of singles just connect the handles together.

I'm not sure what country you are in but I think suggested retail for the Midnite mnedc175 and 250A is $142. Cheapest now altE is gone is Stellavolta which can use Amazon payment (usually ends up cheaper with shipping that Stellavolta via Amazon).

Edit, oh I see they are double pole versions. You could pair a couple of singles just connect the handles together.
Ya I was going to go with the mnedc 250A at altE but they closed before I could order so in my searching I found the 2 pole carling breakers for cheap and snapped them up.
I have found that for some reason that eludes me electric switches make a big jump in price at certain levels , Like the IMO PV disconnect switches if you go from SI32 to SI40 the price jumps 3x or more.

Back