diy solar

diy solar

EG4 12Kpv Prototype at Intersolar

Would love to hear any info on differentiators between this “10k” and the old 6000. Other than the inverter output which is frankly kind of boring

The breaker panel sounds interesting, having to piece together a bunch of individual pieces while not a big deal does take up more space and is a bit more to organize.

So how do they get 12K out of that? It has a 8KW AC output, and from what I can tell, 2 x 5KW PV inputs rated at 600V each.

Would be interested to see what their price target and release date is.

Last edited:
Interesting that uses a Noark breaker. Looks like it is being used as a dual pole AC breaker but those are also rated for 600VDC.

you don't have to tell us any specs or anything but have they sent you one of these to test yet? and if not they need to! im more excited for this than any solar related thing i ever have because its the perfect size for what i need and i feel like it will help fill a very much needed gap where people don't need 2 6000xp's but one isn't enough. especially in my case where every bit of wall space is valuable

Has anyone heard of a possible release date at all? gonna need a new inverter in the next few months and this would be perfect but cant decide if i want to hold out till it comes out or just get 2 6000xp's one 8k inverter would be perfect for what i need.

Has anyone heard of a possible release date at all? gonna need a new inverter in the next few months and this would be perfect but cant decide if i want to hold out till it comes out or just get 2 6000xp's one 8k inverter would be perfect for what i need.
My gut feeling is that we'll be waiting a while - but who knows. If this 8k inverter is comparable to the 6000xp with a bit higher output, then I wonder if it may just eventually replace it as their standard off-grid offering. I wonder too if they'll support paralleling a 6000xp with this new guy. Probably not, but would be nice. I'm most likely going to add a second 6000xp to my existing one for now...

My gut feeling is that we'll be waiting a while - but who knows. If this 8k inverter is comparable to the 6000xp with a bit higher output, then I wonder if it may just eventually replace it as their standard off-grid offering. I wonder too if they'll support paralleling a 6000xp with this new guy. Probably not, but would be nice. I'm most likely going to add a second 6000xp to my existing one for now...
well in the pictures it says "hybrid" so that makes me think its more like the 18kpv where it is meant to power smaller houses. maybe it will have 100amp pass through capability? the 6000xp sticker says "off grid" might not mean anything though

well in the pictures it says "hybrid" so that makes me think its more like the 18kpv where it is meant to power smaller houses. maybe it will have 100amp pass through capability? the 6000xp sticker says "off grid" might not mean anything though
The data sheets I’ve seen list it as an LXP based inverter so I would also assume it share more with the 18kpv than the 6kxp but that’s purely an uneducated guess

The data sheets I’ve seen list it as an LXP based inverter so I would also assume it share more with the 18kpv than the 6kxp but that’s purely an uneducated guess
right. kinda want it to be purely off grid myself because thats what i need and will likely be a little cheaper if it is but we will have to wait and see i guess. considered calling signature solar to ask if they know a date or any other info but worried ill be on hold for 2 hours to not figure anything out haha. also my work schedule doesnt really allow for me to call when they are open hardly at all sadly. if anyone has called and asked that would be nice to know at least.

right. kinda want it to be purely off grid myself because thats what i need and will likely be a little cheaper if it is but we will have to wait and see i guess. considered calling signature solar to ask if they know a date or any other info but worried ill be on hold for 2 hours to not figure anything out haha. also my work schedule doesnt really allow for me to call when they are open hardly at all sadly. if anyone has called and asked that would be nice to know at least.
I’ve asked @Markus_EG4 in the past but I think he’s well aware of my impatience and would likely give us an update once he knows something.

Tax season is here so maybe spring time to capitalize on people’s returns? Although they did a lot of fall releases previously

I’ve asked @Markus_EG4 in the past but I think he’s well aware of my impatience and would likely give us an update once he knows something.

Tax season is here so maybe spring time to capitalize on people’s returns? Although they did a lot of fall releases previously
well maybe he will chime in and give us some false hope at least? lol i have tax money burning a hole in my pocket if they release it soon.. if they want my money they need to release it asap or send me one so i can test it haha but i dont think they would do that. im sure any they send pre release will be to people like will or something. id at least like to know if they have sent any out in the wild for testing and see who i have to befriend to get my hands on one or at least see on in action so i know if its worth waiting till it releases or if i need to start looking for a different option.

I know this is an older thread , but I am hoping that they design it to be able to communicate /parallel with the 18kpv. I imagine myself wanting to expand my PV a bit and also inverter capacity in the future, but another 18kpv is overkill.

Back