diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP & PowerPro Battery versus BatteryEvo Walrus

Jim in NH

I am looking to upgrade my 24 volt system (Growatt 3K) to get built in split phase. I was leaning towards the EG4 6000XP with an EG4 PowerPro Wall Mount Battery. All the reviews and specs look great. Total cost $5,200 +/-. Then I came across the BatteryEvo Walrus all in a single case for $5,200. However there is very little information on this product and it appears to be in a "pre-purchase" state. Also the BatteryEvo company seems to have some strange ownership/relations to BigBattery and other companies?

Any input, info, background & information would be welcome.

I’ll give you the standard answer buying things from companies that don’t have a track record and you don’t commonly see here in the forums comes with a lot of inherent risks you’re better to stop pinching pennies and just buy something that works. Let someone else be the guinea pig on purchasing equipment. That may drive you crazy.

I’ll give you the standard answer buying things from companies that don’t have a track record and you don’t commonly see here in the forums comes with a lot of inherent risks you’re better to stop pinching pennies and just buy something that works. Let someone else be the guinea pig on purchasing equipment. That may drive you crazy.
The product may have potential in the future, but I do not have the time or the money to be someone's guinea pig. The EG4 stuff seems to have a pretty good track record right now; but has not been out there long enough for any long term feedback.

I would avoid BB and B Evo, I believe they operate from the same address. Use the search function on the forum for much more information. Just one unfavorable thread :

The owner has been unprofessional on the forum in the past IMHO. I believe he has since left the forum.

I did the search for you, here’s some of what you’ll find :

Your money, your choice but I would pick the EG4.

Last edited:
I would avoid BB and B Evo, I believe they operate from the same address. Use the search function on the forum for much more information. Just one unfavorable thread :

The owner has been unprofessional on the forum in the past IMHO. I believe he has since left the forum.

I did the search for you, here’s some of what you’ll find :

Your money, your choice but I would pick the EG4.
Great feedback, and I agree with your conclusion. Thanks for taking the time to reply...

Back