diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp Settings for no Grid Charging

mrenz9

I have one 6000XP. I don't want it to charge from the grid. I want Solar only charging and it to switch over
to use the grid as needed. How do I set this up ? Also, the 6000xp seems to slow the input from the panels.
I have 8 415w panels and it seems to shut down or slow down production.

Thanks,
Mike

Page 21

PV can only output power if it has a place to go. If your batteries are full, and you're only using 1000W of loads, the array will only produce 1000W.
I am aware. But the battery was at 71% and it was drawing on it for the load. One array limited down to 18w and the other was at 100w.
Full sun no shading. I watched a video that said change setting 6 to 3520 amps for both arrays. I set them at max which only came
to 125 amps on 1 and 110 amps on 2. Not sure where to change it higher than that. That did allow the arrays to jump up some.

I would make sure that the "AC Charge Based on" is disabled or alternatively setting 14 on the LCD display. Also, what is the array configuration per MPPT and what are the panel specs?

I would make sure that the "AC Charge Based on" is disabled or alternatively setting 14 on the LCD display. Also, what is the array configuration per MPPT and what are the panel specs?
I found the AC Charge and turned it off. The panels are 8 of them 415w Impp 13.13a vmpp 31.64. I have 2 strings of 4 panels in series to each MPPT

I found the AC Charge and turned it off. The panels are 8 of them 415w Impp 13.13a vmpp 31.64. I have 2 strings of 4 panels in series to each MPPT

MPPT operating voltage range floor is 120V. I suspect that when it's hot, you may see a ~8% drop in your Vmp (check the NOCT or NMOT ratings for your panels for "hot" cell performance), and you're not meeting the minimum 120V.

Try 8S on one MPPT.

MPPT operating voltage range floor is 120V. I suspect that when it's hot, you may see a ~8% drop in your Vmp (check the NOCT or NMOT ratings for your panels for "hot" cell performance), and you're not meeting the minimum 120V.

Try 8S on one MPPT.
Currently running at 139.9v and 137.2v respectively.
I guess I could wire them all in an 8 panel setup.

Currently running at 139.9v and 137.2v respectively.
I guess I could wire them all in an 8 panel setup.
Wire them all 8 in series, with HV inverters theres no need to parallel, simpler and more efficient.

I would also recommend to connect the 8 panels in series and connect them to only one MPPT. This will put you well above the minimum of the MPPT Operating Voltage Range.

I am aware. But the battery was at 71% and it was drawing on it for the load. One array limited down to 18w and the other was at 100w.
Full sun no shading. I watched a video that said change setting 6 to 3520 amps for both arrays. I set them at max which only came
to 125 amps on 1 and 110 amps on 2. Not sure where to change it higher than that. That did allow the arrays to jump up some.
What was the battery voltage? Battery communication?

Back