diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 chargeverter wiring to SS 6 slot battery rack

ELT

If anyone has the eg4 chargeverter and the Signature Solar 6 slot battery rack. How did you connect the the two? Thru a separate bus bar or direct to the bus on the battery rack? Explanation and pictures would be great.
thanks

If anyone has the eg4 chargeverter and the Signature Solar 6 slot battery rack. How did you connect the the two? Thru a separate bus bar or direct to the bus on the battery rack? Explanation and pictures would be great.
thanks
I don't have any pictures, but it can be wired directly to the bus bars on the battery rack for charging. This allows the charging current to be equally distributed throughout each of the 6 (or however many you may have) batteries. You can also wire the chargeverter directly to the batteries for a quicker charge, either way works just fine.

Reactions: ELT
Just be aware that if you’re hooking it to your main bus bar that the lugs on the chargeverter are made to fit on a 5/16 bolt. So if you have 3/8 studs on your main bus bar you may have to change the lugs.

I don't have any pictures, but it can be wired directly to the bus bars on the battery rack for charging. This allows the charging current to be equally distributed throughout each of the 6 (or however many you may have) batteries. You can also wire the chargeverter directly to the batteries for a quicker charge, either way works just fine.
Thanks
I have not received the battery rack or chargeverter yet, just trying to get things thought out.

thanks
Either place is fine. But if you are going to have a battery shunt, it should be on the load side of it.
So that it's counted towards the SOC.

thanks
I followed Will’s advice and went directly to the rack busbar diagonally top to bottom. As for the mismatched lug sizes I drilled and taped my own holes in the copper busbar for a solid connection.

Back