diy solar

diy solar

Looking for EG4 3 Slot Battery Rack

tgilles1

Need the EG4 3 slot battery rack. Specifically need the smaller rack for a build.

Signature Solar reps say it's discontinued. Contacted EG4 directly, they tell me sometime after new year, then talked to Signature Solar representative, and manager said they just won't carry it if EG4 makes it. Which makes no sense. Are they not the same company?

I'm confused.

In any case, if anyone can shed some light on the drama that is EG4 3 slot battery rack, that would be awesome. Better yet, sell me your used one! :D

Did you try a search for server racks in your area?
I want them to be the exact same height as my current 3 rack EG4 since I'm running conduit between them over a short distance. I'm mounting a wireway on top of them both with backer board for my inverter and load centers. See Photo for my 'dry run' version... :)

I'm using for this new build two 24" long, 12x12 wireways, with conduit between... much larger variation on this, but I don't want this install to be permanent since it's not my house and I will break down and take with me in 2 - 3 years.

IMG_1752.jpegIMG_1753.jpeg
The above is my current setup - was a dry run. I intend to reuse the rack/batteries for my new setup with my 18kPV and 3 more batteries.

As you can see, I've very tight tolerances when it comes to making sure they are level and that requires 2 of the same battery racks. The normal 6 slot is just to tall. If their are other 3 slot racks (with built in busbars) ready to go I'd already be ordering them. Odd that EG4 is the only one in the market with a 3 slot rack.. But it's PERFICT for a setup like this.

IMG_1748.jpeg

I'm re-purposing the EG4 PowerPro wireway as well, it's CHEEP compared to buying anything else and will fit just as well on these EG4 3 slot racks as they do on the PowerPro batteries. I'm using simply plywood backing with cement backer on top of that. Didn't do that on my test build, but this is more of a long term build so wanted to put a more effort into making this one safe long term. Will pull a 70a breaker from main with flex metal conduit per their recommended spec in the manual. Won't be whole house, will be my whole studio, so close enough for me. :)

Need the EG4 3 slot battery rack. Specifically need the smaller rack for a build.

Signature Solar reps say it's discontinued. Contacted EG4 directly, they tell me sometime after new year, then talked to Signature Solar representative, and manager said they just won't carry it if EG4 makes it. Which makes no sense. Are they not the same company?

I'm confused.

In any case, if anyone can shed some light on the drama that is EG4 3 slot battery rack, that would be awesome. Better yet, sell me your used one! :D
I might be able to get you one.

Where are you located?

I'm in California

I just tried to get one and was told they are in production at EG4 so IDK? I may cut the 6 slot in half if you want half lol. I am in the same boat I need to expand horizontally

I just tried to get one and was told they are in production at EG4 so IDK? I may cut the 6 slot in half if you want half lol. I am in the same boat I need to expand horizontally
Have you looked into the PowerPros? 15kw (same as 3 rackmounts) and about the same size as the 3 rack unit. Slightly cheaper as well. Weatherproof with built in heater. They're meant to expand horizontal.

Have you looked into the PowerPros? 15kw (same as 3 rackmounts) and about the same size as the 3 rack unit. Slightly cheaper as well. Weatherproof with built in heater. They're meant to expand horizontal.
I already have 3 EG4s in a rack I wanted to match

That’s a shame they are being discontinued. I really like the one I have.
NOT THE CASE

"EG4 IS going to be bringing back the 3-slot rack in the new year. I'm told this will take some time, but it is happening! Signature Solar will be carrying the rack as soon as it's back!"

NOT THE CASE

"EG4 IS going to be bringing back the 3-slot rack in the new year. I'm told this will take some time, but it is happening! Signature Solar will be carrying the rack as soon as it's back!"
Yess! It's coming back!!

NOT THE CASE

That’s great news.

Only issue with the PowerPro is EG4 will not honor any warranty if you mix this with existing battery system. It's a proprietary setup for only that battery.. :(

I might be able to get you one.

Where are you located?

I'm in California

Thanks much, I was able to get a returned unit from Signature Solar, a few scratches, but I don't care. Hopefully it ships this week..

As for the discontinued remarks. It seems a miss-communication from EG4 - Technically it is discontinued, but they are not re-inforcing with the suppliers a new version is coming to replace it. So you may get just 'it's discontinued, sorry' from a sales rep without full context.

I too have been told by EG4 they are coming out with a new one, just no ETA yet. Infact, the same EG4 rep that found this one for me told me a new one is coming.

If your willing to go used/returned, contact EG4 via messaging on Facebook. That rep is on top of it and can find a returned unit if they happen.. Thats what they did for me.. Very happy about that! :cool:

Back