diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower battery SOC differences

Looks fine, other than the SOC reading isn't accurate.

When was the last time that all batteries were charged to 56.5v or higher?
The SOC% isn't reading inaccurate. It's reading accurate. The full battery capacity and SOC% are .5ah off. If your comparing this to solar assistant then it never worked correctly to begin with.

Last edited:
Were you ever given the password to BMS test and did you ever go into the config tab and change anything yourself?

Are you using closed loop communication?

Do you ever top balance your bank to 100% SOC?

We're all of these batteries installed in your bank at the same exact time?
I was never given a password. I am using closed loop comms. I tried but that battery does not accept a charge. The first four were installed first, then two more added later. The battery problem started way before I purchase the 2 additional.

You've been given a path to pursue to fix your problem but you seem to just want to argue about semantics.
SOC is a derived, calculated number. It is not a direct measurement. To reset the accuracy of this calculation, you need to fully charge your batteries. And hold that charge value for a period of time.
Instead of arguing about analogies, why don't you try and figure out how to accomplish this task.
My personal soc issue are driving me to drinking.......more.

I have 3x eg4 lifepower 4 batteries, They all had various SOH, even thought all had same pack voltage, I tried numerous times to update firm ware. I finally was able to get the firmware updated and SOH is 99.5 on 2 of them and 1 shows 95.6. So we will see what happens.
(For anyone going insane trying to update firm ware this us what worked for me.
1 download latest battery rest program.
2 remove battery cables (+/-)
3 hook up usb to rj45
4 open program
5 turn on battery.
6 communicate with battery, set software battery info to 0, download firmware version fom battery, load new firm ware, reconnect communication via battery test program.
7nturn off battery set dip switch back to address, hook up (+/-) turn on.

I have 3x eg4 lifepower 4 batteries, They all had various SOH, even thought all had same pack voltage, I tried numerous times to update firm ware. I finally was able to get the firmware updated and SOH is 99.5 on 2 of them and 1 shows 95.6. So we will see what happens.
(For anyone going insane trying to update firm ware this us what worked for me.
1 download latest battery rest program.
2 remove battery cables (+/-)
3 hook up usb to rj45
4 open program
5 turn on battery.
6 communicate with battery, set software battery info to 0, download firmware version fom battery, load new firm ware, reconnect communication via battery test program.
7nturn off battery set dip switch back to address, hook up (+/-) turn on.
Well all 3 are charged, SOH is 99.5%,99.5%,99.6%.
All show 100AH, currently bus voltage @57.5.
Any body know what it might take to get a 100%SOH?

Ok, but I also have other brands that are 100 SOH with 2-3x the cycle count

The BMS pictures posted were after the firmware update. Prior to this update, my batteries SOH was 97.3%,97.3%,97.9%. The SOH started dropping after the first 10 cycles. -0.01 after every 10-15 cycles. My other batteries with high 200 to mid 300 cycle counts are still 100 SOH. A built pack with the same cells and a overkill solar BMS has actually gained 0.5 ah. I feel as though something with 6000 cycles to 80% should not be dropping so fast -0.01 every 100 cycles. Am I wrong?

The BMS pictures posted were after the firmware update. Prior to this update, my batteries SOH was 97.3%,97.3%,97.9%. The SOH started dropping after the first 10 cycles. -0.01 after every 10-15 cycles. My other batteries with high 200 to mid 300 cycle counts are still 100 SOH. A built pack with the same cells and a overkill solar BMS has actually gained 0.5 ah. I feel as though something with 6000 cycles to 80% should not be dropping so fast -0.01 every 100 cycles. Am I wrong?

Ok let's do some pointless math.

160=0.5%
320=1%
3200=10%
6200=20%

Would you look at that 80% SOH after 6000 cycles.

Back