diy solar

diy solar

EG4 PowerPro Battery Firmware

Jpaction

EG4 doesn’t have the firmware for the PowerPro battery on their site. Does anyone have the latest firmware version?

They do. It’s under the “downloads” section of the powerpro page.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.png
    IMG_6164.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 8
There should also be a an RS485 bin file
I looked into this just now. Same thing for me. I use Chrome though, so it could be their super invasive virus protection software, or there could have been an issue with where we are hosting the file.

I appreciate you pointing this out to us none-the-less. I will look into getting this fixed.

As for if I have a copy of the software, I am on my home computer at the moment, but I will look and see if I happen to have it here. I can almost guarantee that I don't, but I also have my work laptop here so give me a moment to double check everything real quick.

Thanks for helping out on the weekend
No problem! I have the software from the LL-S. This should work in conjunction with the hex file from the Wall-Power Pro update.

HERE is a link to it. Let me know if you are able to download it. I added it to a MEGA Upload folder for everyone to use for the time being. If you are having trouble still, please DM me and we can figure something out if need be. I will also work on getting it all packaged together nicely and neatly so that it's just like it was supposed to be on the website.

I have let our team know about this though and we are working on getting it fixed.

Last edited:
Another question. Only an RS485 cable is included with the battery. How are we supposed to update with the RS232 file or is it one or the other?

The batteries are supposed to come with an RS-232 cable as well. We noticed that they hadn't been, so we made sure that they were being shipped out now. If you need a cable because your battery didn't come with one, just send me a DM with your address, what cable you didn't get, and I'll get one out to you first thing on Monday morning.

I just received one of these cables today without asking, thanks. Was on the SS website Sunday looking for the cable when my powerpro wasn't keeping up with the -15 F at night. Had to place a space heater near the batteries under a tent. Noticed that the 2 powerpros from the batch delivered in November went into alarm. The 3rd Powerpro delivered in December was still holding above 1 C.
They have different firmware, so updating should help the issue I hope.

Does the powerpro heater only work when the solar is up or can it self consume at night.

The 3rd Powerpro delivered in December was still holding above 1 C.
They have different firmware, so updating should help the issue I hope.

Does the powerpro heater only work when the solar is up or can it self consume at night.
The older firmware did not run the heater if the battery was not charging, but the latest firmware does allow the battery to self consume now.

I just attempted the firmware update using my windows 11 laptop, the provided RS485 to USB cable, and the latest firmware downloaded from the Signature Solar Powerpro page.

I couldn't get it to take. It would fail after "loading bootloader".

I'm tech savvy for the most part, so I'm not sure what I've missed. I ran the updater tool as admin, I ran it in windows 8 compatibility mode, and I tried all 3 COM ports on the battery. I did the update with the battery DIP switches all in the ON position.

Help?!

One of my powerpros went into protect mode, PowerView show battery temp of -100 C, BMS shows 4 C for PCB and Cell temp; what's going on here?

Attachments

• powerpro temp neg 100c.jpg
    powerpro temp neg 100c.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 16
Not good, I had problems with a 18Kpcv firmware. So they put the older one back on. Maybe they can put the older firmware back on for you, and that hopefully would straighten things out.

Last edited:
One of my powerpros went into protect mode, PowerView show battery temp of -100 C, BMS shows 4 C for PCB and Cell temp; what's going on here?
We haven't come across this before. But, I'd suggest updating to the latest firmware or rolling back for now while I check in with our battery experts to figure out a fix for you. Also, could you let me know what system you're connecting it to?

Something going on with the communications with the sol-ark 15. The low temp appears when the BMS is off for the master battery. Disconnecting all the com cables reset protection mode off, and all batteries are charging. Leave it that way for a while and see what happens.

Don't mess with communications cables while operating, causes the sol-ark 15 to fault and thus trips the BMS protect alarm. They don't reset like ethernet data cables do. Everything back to normal. Had first kick butt sunny day in a longtime, batteries full.

My first 2 powerpros are on version S02T01, my third is on S02T13. The download change log file says S02T09; does anyone have S02T13? Having trouble loading the new firmware, keep getting "Initialization failed, please check BMS connection" The youtube video shows the first DIP switch in the down position.

Back