diy solar

diy solar

EX 6500 wifi a no go

bones1

I give up, how do you make this wi-fi option work? Everything is so convoluted.

I finally got mine to work . My issue was that the data logger /wifi set up doesn't appear to support 5g.

Has your device detected the wifi from the inverter? If so use the qr code generated to connect to the wifi module. There has been some talk that the wifi module pin # given is incorrect. Keep your router and the wifi modules "auto reconnect " on.

It does see it but I always get connected, no internet with nowhere to go after that. I am using password12345678 I assume that's what they want to connect to inverter

Are you using watchpower app?
After you connect to the wifi module it should prompt you to confirm the connection, then ask for your wifi router and password. Then it should reboot and connect.

Yes watchtower. It says connected to inv but won't confirm, stuck at please wait. I'll try later again one more time. Thank You for the help.

I could not get the process to complete with watchpower, I found SmartESS somewhere and it works much better.

I actually use that app as well. Once I got Watchpower installed I was disappointed I wasted so much time getting it to work.

I’m about to throw this thing out the window. I’ve tried downloading the the smartess but it fails to pull a wifi list. It blows my mind that in 2022 with solar technology something as simple as connecting with an app doesn’t work worth a damn.

I agree, you can tell where the software is coming from and it's not ready for prime time for sure. Mine still won't connect.

The WatchPower app takes 6 pages in the manual for install and most of us still can’t get it to work right. STOP! Don’t pull your hair out or gouge your scalp. Just get the Solar Assistant and enjoy.

The WatchPower app takes 6 pages in the manual for install and most of us still can’t get it to work right. STOP! Don’t pull your hair out or gouge your scalp. Just get the Solar Assistant and enjoy.
Not sure what that is, is it an app? Thanks !

There’s a ton of info here on diysolar. Solar assistant is a add on module (raspberry pie unit) kit. It can connect to most brand inverters(yours) and batteries. It gives you access to data with charts and graphics. It also allows many controls and adjustments from anywhere from your phone.

Back