diy solar

diy solar

Fivsta Sola Panel Reviews? (Amazon)

asot550

Has anyone purchased a Fivsta Sola panel from Amazon and have experience with them? Looks like they're a relatively new brand on Amazon and they have some interesting panel sizes (squarish, as well as long/skinny) compared to others, as well as bifacial options. The 200w squarish bifacial is basically the perfect size for my application and has me very interested. I don't like that there doesn't seem to be any datasheets though, and I can't find any similar panels on the Chinese reselling sites either (suspicious). On paper, the stated specs are on the high end of efficiency (0.132w/sqin). That's better than a decent chunk of residential panels, but not outside the realm of feasibility.

Edit
The non-bifacial 200w panel is more in line with other non-residential panels (0.121w/sqin). I bet the 200w bifacial used a non-standard test to get to the 200w rating.
End edit

I'm a bit hesitant to trust a newer brand. Skimming through the Amazon reviews, the vast majority were vine reviews of a 20w panel so you can't really trust them. The non-vine reviews are generally positive, but are light on technical details. A few reviews mention cracked glass and some improperly sealed junction boxes.

Any reviews out there on the forums?

Last edited:
Just ordered four of the 100w bifacial Fisvsta Solar panels moments ago. Just couldn't resist the opportunity to increase my home six Rich Solar 100w (non-bi-facial) setup from 6 to a total of 10 panels with this addition, for the home backup system. And getting four 100w bi-facials for well under $300 including tax was too good a deal to pass up.

I've got an MPP LVLV24-MSD all in one Solar Controller/Inverter/Charger unit heading up a 24v-based backup; with two 24v, 100Ah batteries run in parallel. I also have a smaller SCC / battery system that I would like to run "on the side" as an alternate, smaller energy source at the other end of the house. With 10 total panels I can run all on the main - possibly adding to it again soon; or split the new one's off on the smaller system.

If these panels perform well I'll let y'all know. FivstaSola panels from Amazon

Just ordered four of the 100w bifacial Fisvsta Solar panels moments ago. Just couldn't resist the opportunity to increase my home six Rich Solar 100w (non-bi-facial) setup from 6 to a total of 10 panels with this addition, for the home backup system. And getting four 100w bi-facials for well under $300 including tax was too good a deal to pass up.

I've got an MPP LVLV24-MSD all in one Solar Controller/Inverter/Charger unit heading up a 24v-based backup; with two 24v, 100Ah batteries run in parallel. I also have a smaller SCC / battery system that I would like to run "on the side" as an alternate, smaller energy source at the other end of the house. With 10 total panels I can run all on the main - possibly adding to it again soon; or split the new one's off on the smaller system.

If these panels perform well I'll let y'all know. FivstaSola panels from Amazon
Hey man. Do you have the opportunity to test the panels ? I'm thinking to buy from this brand too.

I have one of the 100w bifacial panels. It works fine and puts out what I would expect. I have held it to the sun backward and it produced about half the watts that it does facing the front to the sun for what that is worth. I'm not sure what that means in real world usage.

I need to experiment with mounting locations to see what helps as far as bifacial gain. Its frame is solid and it seems well made. I bought it at the same time as I purchased an Arkasa 100w black panel which works well too. I was planning to compare them and see what works better, but honestly without rigging up a switch or 2 identical SCCs it is really hard to tell which one performs better.

Of the two I think that it may be that the Fisvsta bifacial may be a little longer lasting, because the Arkasa has a slightly rough surface that looks almost like fiberglass weave type of pattern on the face, the Fisvsta is more like real smooth glass. Time will tell if it really makes any difference.

I like the form factor of the longer/narrower panels as I feel like they are more adaptable for many of my uses.

Sorry I don't have a more scientific answer, but I figured I would share what little I know about them.

I have one of the 100w bifacial panels. It works fine and puts out what I would expect. I have held it to the sun backward and it produced about half the watts that it does facing the front to the sun for what that is worth. I'm not sure what that means in real world usage.

I need to experiment with mounting locations to see what helps as far as bifacial gain. Its frame is solid and it seems well made. I bought it at the same time as I purchased an Arkasa 100w black panel which works well too. I was planning to compare them and see what works better, but honestly without rigging up a switch or 2 identical SCCs it is really hard to tell which one performs better.

Of the two I think that it may be that the Fisvsta bifacial may be a little longer lasting, because the Arkasa has a slightly rough surface that looks almost like fiberglass weave type of pattern on the face, the Fisvsta is more like real smooth glass. Time will tell if it really makes any difference.

I like the form factor of the longer/narrower panels as I feel like they are more adaptable for many of my uses.

Sorry I don't have a more scientific answer, but I figured I would share what little I know about them.
Thanks for share your experience with the panels

Back