diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 6kw offgrid

NCer

No AC output. I am wiring the 6kw growatt offgrid inverter. My batteries are full charge and the PV is not yet connected but will be through a combiner box. Would a UPS setting prevent AC output, since I am not connecting AC in? ?Are Hot1 and Hot2 positional? I have Hot1, Hot2, Neutral and Ground connected from the 60amp breaker with an interlock kit. Thks

Yes, 2 EG4 100Ah batteries turned on (53.27) Connection into inverter confirmed.. Just need to check polarity on PV before turning it on, plus cloudy.

What model Growatt? If you have battery or PV, it should turn on. How many volts from the battery?
This is what I have.

6kW 48V 240VAC Split Phase 80A 250VDC Off-Grid Inverter by Growatt × 1

Make sure the switches on the bottom of the Growatt are turned on.
You don't need AC input to run the Growatt, just the battery is needed for testing.
If your battery is providing voltage and the Growatt is set to use battery power, you should be seeing AC at the output.
Setting 01 should be set to SBU for checking operation with the battery.

Another common issue is with users messing up the wiring connections, loosening both screws on the wiring connector for each wire instead of just the outside one. This leads to losing the connection to the internal wires.

Last edited:
Thank you, I had luckily seen that video previously. I will not have AC input only output. The beakers for AC output were flipped on. Why are there two? Setting 01 is SBU. Mystery continues. Thank you

The main switch is flipped down (on) not up (power saver) right?
1714825089530.png

Also, check settings 12 and 13 to make sure they are correct. Set 13 to 100% to ensure it runs on battery when fully charged, especially if you have no other inputs.
1714825202870.png

Last edited:
The main switch is flipped down (on) not up (power saver) right?
View attachment 213261

Also, check settings 12 and 13 to make sure they are correct. Set 13 to 100% to ensure it runs on battery when fully charged, especially if you have no other inputs.
View attachment 213262
Thank you all, I found a fault code indicating BMS not communicating. What would cause that? I switch that 05 to US2 and it worked. I really want the BMS communicating. What should the dip switches be? I am using the BMS port and the main dip switch is DDDU the second is UDDU. Thanks again.

I set my Growatt to run off voltage instead of BMS communications after running into issues with battery sag during high inrush loads. Kept getting errors. That said, my setup is for emergency backup only and I don't have solar panels so it is rarely in use.

I set my Growatt to run off voltage instead of BMS communications after running into issues with battery sag during high inrush loads. Kept getting errors. That said, my setup is for emergency backup only and I don't have solar panels so it is rarely in use.
Thank you

Ok, I found a sig solar video saying for the 6kw and 12KW growatt main dip should be DDDD. I switched back to BMS communicating and now everything works. Keeping my fingers crossed. I can always go back to user setting :)

Back