diy solar

diy solar

How to low-voltage-disconnect the 24 V loads in addition to the inverter?

Helles

I managed to have the Electrodacus SBMS0 switching off my Mastervolt Combi Ultra inverter/charger at the low and high voltage disconnect thresholds configured in the SBMSO. This is done by connecting the respective EXTIO ports of the SBMS0 to the input ports of a Mastervolt "Digital Input" device, and configuring events in that device that control the inverter/charger via MasterBus network. I will post a detailed system description shortly, and hope it helps others to use their Mastervolt components with LiFePo batteries.

I now wonder how I can low-voltage-disconnect the 24 V loads (apart from the inverter); in layman speech, I would need a device connected to the positive 24 V busbar that could be cut-off by the SMBMS for low voltage disconnect.

Does anybody have an advise?
Thanks

You mean something like these?

or:

It looks like those can have the voltage manually set to a predetermined value...(so they don't need to be triggered by the BMS cutoff).

I managed to have the Electrodacus SBMS0 switching off my Mastervolt Combi Ultra inverter/charger at the low and high voltage disconnect thresholds configured in the SBMSO. This is done by connecting the respective EXTIO ports of the SBMS0 to the input ports of a Mastervolt "Digital Input" device, and configuring events in that device that control the inverter/charger via MasterBus network. I will post a detailed system description shortly, and hope it helps others to use their Mastervolt components with LiFePo batteries.

I now wonder how I can low-voltage-disconnect the 24 V loads (apart from the inverter); in layman speech, I would need a device connected to the positive 24 V busbar that could be cut-off by the SMBMS for low voltage disconnect.

Does anybody have an advise?
Thanks
I know it is an old thread, but I am converting a 24V Lead Acid power system to LFP which is using a Mastervolt Mass Combi inverter/charger and would like to switch off the charger based on the threshold set in the BMS.
What "event" did you set in the Combi to turn off the charger via the Mastervolt "Diital Input"? I was not able to find a way to turn off he charger on my Combi

Back