diy solar

diy solar

https://youtu.be/PxweVFPTSpA

Solar washing machine!

Alternative title 'Boondocker washes grundies in twintub' :LOL:

My only reservation with the demonstration was the open disposal of the greywater. Certainly in the UK legislation exists on greywater disposal for prevention of pollution to aquifers and water courses, which is why all greywater is processed as sewerage and only rainwater is allowed direct run off into streams and rivers. For the RV user this would have to mean discharging to tanks, because roadside discharge to a ditch say would be regarded as illegal.

Now I have considered how I can wash my car and that be perfectly okay for run-off to go into a roadside surface water drain and yet greywater would not be allowed, and it all comes down to the human factor, where any wash water may have bacterial or faecal contaminants.

But that's the UK for you. I expected US states will have their own directorates.

Yes indeed the state's do have their own codes and land use regulations which vary from state to state and urban, suburban and rural population density's are also factors impacting allowable usage. One might get away with greywater discharge in the boonies for awhile untill happened upon by someone who cares, whereas, if a person trys to pull off a greywater, "event", whilst Walmart camping, KOA or any formal campground camping, state or national park camping or simply freelance camping, there's a better chance than not that they would be ordered to cease and desist! Hint: For maxium stealth, after operating your washing machine, bug out and reassemble in another location, whereupon, you can string up your unmentionables to dry. ?

Back