diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper Customer Service

I feel, and felt your pain. Made my own cable based on that FB post. You will need a phone cord with four leads, a db9 connector and an RS232 to USB cable to do so. I will be happy to walk you through it if you wish

Finally got my battery completely functional again. Like others here, I managed to trigger the anti-theft mis-feature, effectively bricking the battery. Symptoms include:
- alarm light on and beep once/second
- in the Analog Info submenu temperatures all show -40C
- in Sys Settings, it says T-SENSOR OPEN.

The fix, as others here have noted, is to use a special cable to connect a Windows PC USB port to the battery RS232 port and run software available from Jakiper. That's pretty well documented.
Jakiper sells that cable, but anyone can make one with locally available parts. I'll give more detail if requested, but here's a quick overview:

You'll need:

1. USB to RS-232 adapter from Best Buy. $19.99
2. Standard telephone cord. Make sure it has 4 conductors. Some only have two.
3. RS-232 cable with DB-9 connectors. You can skip this if you're willing to cut the DB-9 connector off the new USB to RS 232 adapter.

Cut off one end of the phone cord, cut off a couple of inches of the outer insulation and very carefully strip the ends of the wires.
Do the same with the RS-232 cable, keeping the end that plugs into the USB adapter.
You'll have to figure out which wire connects to which pin on the DB-9. No doubt you have a meter if you're doing this stuff.
I believe wire color codes are standard for the phone jack. Connect wires as follows. Solder them, twist them together, whatever. In DB9 to phone wire:

Pin 2 to red
Pin 3 to green
Pin 5 to black and yellow

After that just follow the instructions included with the Jakiper Software.IMG_20220127_083212_364~2.jpgIMG_20220127_084448_401~3.jpgIMG_20220127_083844_449~2.jpg

Have you got any compensation for you troubles???? Don't these company's give a crap. They just lost my sale after reading this.

No compensation, actually didn't expect it. My biggest problem through all of this was the support responses when I tried to find out where my batteries were. The freight company was useless bouncing me back and forth between offices getting nowhere. Jakiper's only response for each of my inquiries was "We sent the batteries". After Will Prowse got involved, they actually did their job. The alarm was another issue. They did respond explaining what the issue was along with links on how to resolve the issue. After several angry emails, they ended up sending me the cable which did take care of the alarm.

I was unaware that more people were having alarm issues. After all of this, I really wish I had bought the two additional batteries from Signature Solar. Just my opinion.

No compensation, actually didn't expect it. My biggest problem through all of this was the support responses when I tried to find out where my batteries were. The freight company was useless bouncing me back and forth between offices getting nowhere. Jakiper's only response for each of my inquiries was "We sent the batteries". After Will Prowse got involved, they actually did their job. The alarm was another issue. They did respond explaining what the issue was along with links on how to resolve the issue. After several angry emails, they ended up sending me the cable which did take care of the alarm.

I was unaware that more people were having alarm issues. After all of this, I really wish I had bought the two additional batteries from Signature Solar. Just my opinion.
Well I almost bought these batteries. Glad I waited. I bought five from signature solar had them in a week even with a bad snow storm.

It's nice to learn from the failures of other companies. Another reason why I'm spending countless hours documenting every single little detail of the SOK 48v100ah rack mount battery...And using a reputable shipper, and in the process of hiring help for tech support and for shipping...If you've been watching long enough you could be successful at anything in this industry just by learning from other's mistakes.

This is just to inform some of you who may be wanting to purchase batteries from Jakiper. I placed an order for two Jakiper batteries right after watching WIll's review. I thought I was lucky as I was able to get two before being sold out. The batteries were processed and shipped, and now the fun begins. The shipment status of my batteries has never changed since they were sent. After many calls to ABF freight, it was determined that the batteries are lost. I have the opportunity now to place a shortage claim, which I was warned could take months. So ABF is no longer any help.

During all of this, I also contacted Jakiper per email several times, their only answer is, "we sent them". Jakiper also said they would look into it. No answer from them either. I have now requested a refund, which I doubt will be processed until they get the batteries back. This sucks. I must say that Jakiper's short email answer's and lack of concern makes me question the customer service aspect of the company. They got their money, sent it out, and now they don't care.

I am now out $3160.00 for who knows how long. I do not have the money laying around to purchase other batteries. I hope this will shed some light on what could happen to you and Jakiper's lack of concern for their customers.
Same thing I ran into with Chins, they did have a phone number but they never called back, only an answering machine, same with email support.... nothing.

Update:
I ordered the batteries the day they were available (Dec 4, 2021), They were sent out, got lost, then found, and arrived to me on Jan 24, 2022. I Unpacked them and let them stand for over 24 hours to acclimate. I activated the batteries and connected them one at a time to my charger. I did a capacity test for each battery with approx. 103Ah each. I then connected them to my system just to let them run a couple of days and check their performance. Two days later, I got my 6 slot battery rack and installed my batteries with one of the Jakipers alarming and rendered useless.

Today, I got a cable to do the reset of the alarm. Upon opening a connection, my battery G-Sensor was not even activated. So why is my battery in alarm? I clicked on "Disable G-Sensor" several times as instructed. I followed the directions on resetting the alarm, I got a "Operate Fail" and the alarm persisted. I tried over and over again exactly like the video and instructions stated. I tried resets with the RST, no luck in shutting it off. I then decided to try clicking on the "Unlock Protect" button, I instantly got an "Operate Successful", and the alarm shut off. The battery reset itself and started.

My battery is now in operation and it is running along side of my other Jakiper and two Signature Solar batteries. After all of this, Jakiper did come through and got the cable to me. I still feel that Jakiper needs to do MUCH MUCH more on the customer service side. The language barrier is difficult, and I understand language barriers very well having myself lived in Germany for 26 years. All that said, there are a lot of misunderstandings in the conversations per email, and it is very frustrating. Even the instructions for resetting the alarm did not work like they instructed.

I have been burnt trying out new products, and the frustrations with the Jakiper made it clear to me, If it is new, wait it out until all the problems are worked out. Signature Solar had growing pains, but stuck it out and they are getting much better. Jakiper has a long way to go before I will buy anything from them again.
Hi Repro,

Read all the updates. Thanks for sharing all these. We wish we could do better, and we are working in that direction.

For the first batch Jakiper battery, the anti-theft function was designed for good, but good thing at improper place, it create problems. We sincerely regret for what you have been though.
Jakiper is improving!
For the new upgraded version, we have discarded the anti-theft, and equipped with BMS on/off key, and communication function to inverters.

Your post is very useful for others to prevent activating anti-theft function.
However,
A demostration video for the Activating --Install driver for cable--Disable Anti-theft will be great. Sincerely request your assistance as you have experience that, you are most authorized person to do it, and you will helping lots of people by doing so, if you don't mind.

Jakiper is trying to prepare a Q&A post in this forum. Hope that will be helpful.
Jakiper is also trying to collect your valueable experience of setting, configuration, connection of battery & inverter in different system to help other.

Best Regards,
Zhoulun
Jakiper

Hi Repro,

Read all the updates. Thanks for sharing all these. We wish we could do better, and we are working in that direction.

For the first batch Jakiper battery, the anti-theft function was designed for good, but good thing at improper place, it create problems. We sincerely regret for what you have been though.
Jakiper is improving!
For the new upgraded version, we have discarded the anti-theft, and equipped with BMS on/off key, and communication function to inverters.

However,
A demostration video for the Activating --Install driver for cable--Disable Anti-theft will be great. Sincerely request your assistance as you have experience that, you are most authorized person to do it, and you will helping lots of people by doing so, if you don't mind.

Jakiper is trying to prepare a Q&A post in this forum. Hope that will be helpful.
Jakiper is also trying to collect your valueable experience of setting, configuration, connection of battery & inverter in different system to help other.

Best Regards,
Zhoulun
Jakiper
Hello Zhoulun,

I would like to offer some polite and friendly advice. I am glad that you have decided to offer an upgraded version of your battery which confirms my statement not to buy new releases of products until the issues are resolved. I am still having an issue with the one battery that had the alarm issue. Not only did the alarm deactivation not work as you instructed, your software showed that the alarm was not even activated. So why did the alarm go off? The same battery has an issue with the RST button. As per your user manual, it is supposed to turn the system on and off as well as do a reset. The RST button does not work at all. So that battery cannot be turned off. Not very safe. The other battery works fine.

Asking a disgruntled customer to help you fix your issues is a little over the line for me. I am still having issues with your product. I do not think that this forum is the place for this. I have sent you an email pertaining to the RST issue.

I have been in contact with Zhoulun of Jakiper Battery. Jakiper's response time and concern has improved a lot. I am having further issues with one of the 48V Jakiper batteries that I bought. One of the batteries has an obvious issue with the BMS. The RST button does not work at all.

Per Jakiper, they are going to send me a replacement BMS to resolve the issue. I only want to inform anyone who is interested in purchasing batteries from Jakiper, their warranty affords them the option to send you replacement parts for you to install yourself. If you uncomfortable in opening and performing repairs on a 48V battery or any battery they sell, you might want to reconsider.

This should be fun for me as I am a little uncomfortable playing around inside a 48V/100Ah battery.

I finally received my 2 48v and they will not turn on.
They sat on ABF dock forever and had to reschedule installation several times.

Hi Repro,

Jakiper is improving!

However,

Best Regards,
Zhoulun
Jakiper
Mine have not turned on at all. Literally 2 expensive 48v bricks.

I have been in contact with Zhoulun of Jakiper Battery. Jakiper's response time and concern has improved a lot. I am having further issues with one of the 48V Jakiper batteries that I bought. One of the batteries has an obvious issue with the BMS. The RST button does not work at all.

Per Jakiper, they are going to send me a replacement BMS to resolve the issue. I only want to inform anyone who is interested in purchasing batteries from Jakiper, their warranty affords them the option to send you replacement parts for you to install yourself. If you uncomfortable in opening and performing repairs on a 48V battery or any battery they sell, you might want to reconsider.

This should be fun for me as I am a little uncomfortable playing around inside a 48V/100Ah battery.
I'm a lot uncomfortable! If I wanted to build batteries I would have purchased parts.

They responded in a few minutes:
View attachment 79540
I'm having problems with my Jakiper 48v batteries. It took forever to get them. To begin with they were not in stock as advertised. They finally arrived in Rancho Cucamonga and shipped in mid January. They sat on ABF dock in San Bernardino another month.
I had to reschedule installation several times. Now they will not turn on at all. No buzzer, no lights, no nothing.
Brand new and just opened the boxes. Totally doa, not a sign of life in them.

Back