diy solar

diy solar

JDB BMS App Issue

gabe1475

Have a Lithium Battery that was not in use during the winter and rather than remove from my Trailer I shut off using the app. Now that I am ready to use, I can't connect to the unit using my old app to turn the charge/discharge back on.

There is a new app that was released, however I don't have access to the control portion of the app that would allow me to turn back on. Does anyone know how I can get access to that? I have created an account and no luck. Hoping that I don't have a very expensive paper weight.

Have a Lithium Battery that was not in use during the winter and rather than remove from my Trailer I shut off using the app. Now that I am ready to use, I can't connect to the unit using my old app to turn the charge/discharge back on.

What is the voltage at the battery terminals?

Is this DIY? What do the individual cells measure?

There is a new app that was released, however I don't have access to the control portion of the app that would allow me to turn back on. Does anyone know how I can get access to that? I have created an account and no luck. Hoping that I don't have a very expensive paper weight.

Frankly, this doesn't sound like an app issue. It sounds like a BMS that won't respond due to BMS or battery failure. Since you didnt' disconnect your BMS sense harness, the BMS may have drained the battery, and voltage is too low to power the BMS.

Battery has power, I left it with 50 amps. I can c
What is the voltage at the battery terminals?

Is this DIY? What do the individual cells measure?

Frankly, this doesn't sound like an app issue. It sounds like a BMS that won't respond due to BMS or battery failure. Since you didnt' disconnect your BMS sense harness, the BMS may have drained the battery, and voltage is too low to power the BMS.
Battery has power. the new App for JDB has the "Control" tab locked. I can connect with that, however can not get to the control tab that has the battery on off switch. The old app will not connect...

When I check their website, it says domain does not exist. Are they still in business?

Battery has power. the new App for JDB has the "Control" tab locked. I can connect with that, however can not get to the control tab that has the battery on off switch. The old app will not connect...

When I check their website, it says domain does not exist. Are they still in business?

What does the voltage read at the terminals?

Is it a DIY battery? If so, what do the cells measure?

There is no reason for this unless you don't have it any more.

There is a new app that was released,

Can you actually connect to the battery?

If this is truly just an app issue, download the Overkillsolar app. It works with most JBD.

If this is truly just an app issue, download the Overkillsolar app. It works with most JBD.
I can connect to the battery using the new JBD app (the one with the elephant). Was able to change the name which is recognized by the other apps so I know it is connecting.

There is an authorize option on that app, I clicked that the other day, but no authorization yet. not sure if anyone is there or they are just backed up.

Willing to pay for an app as well, if there are other options.

I can connect to the battery using the new JBD app (the one with the elephant). Was able to change the name which is recognized by the other apps so I know it is connecting.

what do the cells report for voltage?

There is an authorize option on that app, I clicked that the other day, but no authorization yet. not sure if anyone is there or they are just backed up.

overkillsolar app?

Voltage is only 5v due to the fact that charge/discharge is turned off.

What do the cells report for voltage?

Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?

Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
cant get to the cells. Purchased from Rebel Batteries. I may have to open up, but sealed right now.

This thread has a bunch of apps listed.
Have you connected a charger to it?
Have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app?
Are you using android or IOS?
If android is location turned on?

This thread has a bunch of apps listed.
Have you connected a charger to it?
Have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app?
Are you using android or IOS?
If android is location turned on?
I have a bench charger arriving today. Will try that. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and tried every phone tablet and Chromebook in the house.

Using Android. Location turned on.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access the control tab in the one app I can connect in? The one youtube video explaining the app shows the person access the tab.

If you can actually connect to the BMS, you can see the cell voltages.
There is some sort of link. After updating the battery name it shows up on every device I try to connect to it. So it clearly has access to the battery or the name would not have updated and show on other phones. But you are right something is probably off with the Bluetooth. Have two batteries the other one died several months ago, can't even get it to show up on Bluetooth. I should be able to charge that one and get it working again, but will see today.

Voltage is only 5v due to the fact that charge/discharge is turned off.

Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Is this a DIY battery?
Actually checked the voltage at 2v on one battery and and 2.5v on the second battery at the main terminal. Have not opened up yet, but I could if necessary.

Tried to jump with another battery, DC power supply and lithium charger. Any other options?

Actually checked the voltage at 2v on one battery and and 2.5v on the second battery at the main terminal. Have not opened up yet, but I could if necessary.

If you can open it, I would to at least confirm cell voltages.

Tried to jump with another battery, DC power supply and lithium charger. Any other options?

We talking the typical 30V/10A supply with voltage/current readout? If so, set to 12.8V and 0.5A and confirm current is actually flowing.

It took several minutes before one of my 12.8V LFP came out of LVD on a PSU.

If you can open it, I would to at least confirm cell voltages.

We talking the typical 30V/10A supply with voltage/current readout? If so, set to 12.8V and 0.5A and confirm current is actually flowing.

It took several minutes before one of my 12.8V LFP came out of LVD on a PSU.
Not flowing when connected to the battery.

I have a bench charger arriving today. Will try that. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and tried every phone tablet and Chromebook in the house.

Using Android. Location turned on.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access the control tab in the one app I can connect in? The one youtube video explaining the app shows the person access the tab.
What app are you able to connect with?
I'd open it up individually charge each cell, set your bench charger ~3.4V and verify the voltage with a meter.

What app are you able to connect with?
I'd open it up individually charge each cell, set your bench charger ~3.4V and verify the voltage with a meter.
The new app from JBD. Unfortunately the "Control" section is locked and I can not enable charge/discharge.

Opening is going to be a larger project since the battery is sealed, but I will go that route. Does the BMS need to be disconnected to charge the battery?

Back