diy solar

diy solar

Renogy - LiFePO4 100ah Bluetooth to DC Home App Connectivity Issue

MR E30

Hello everyone, a friend of mine recommended coming here to solve an issue (Renogy BT battery not showing up in DC Home App) I am facing:

I have a setup in my Tacoma (we live and work full-time out of this truck, so we use it literally all-day every day) as follows:

Renogy 50A dc-dc with mppt charge controller to panels and alternator.
(4) Renogy rigid 100w solar panels
(2) 100ah Renogy RBT100LFP12-BT batteries, wired in parallel, for 200ah of 12v power.

I have had one of the batteries for 3 years, and it spent 2.5 years in Phoenix AZ, in the truck year round (~115 degrees F for a while each year). The second battery is only 7 months old. Both batteries are exactly the same, as Renogy themselves told me that I had to have the exact same battery to wire them in parallel (not sure if this is accurate).

The older battery, that lived through the hot summers, is now no longer connecting to the DC Home App that I use to monitor my setups charge/discharge.

Nothing changed about the setup prior to this issue. We use our Tacoma daily (it's our house) and the power setup has consistent loads 24/7 (fridge, lights, Starlink), and we survive basically entirely on solar power.

This issue happened once before, and after 4 days I randomly went into the app and 'Add a Device' and the second, older, battery popped up and connected. It stayed connected for 8 days before disconnecting once again, this time for over a week now. When the older battery reconnected to the app the first time it displayed a ~50% charge, even though the first battery had been at 100% for hours and the sun was still shining bright (seems to me that when the battery isn't talking to the controller that it won't even put any charge into it).

Is there a way to 'reset' the BT dongle in the battery? The battery is still wired in parallel, and the system has reached 100% charge on the single battery that shows in the app every day since the older battery disconnected.

Thank you for your help.

Back