diy solar

diy solar

JDB BMS App Issue

The new app from JBD. Unfortunately the "Control" section is locked and I can not enable charge/discharge.

Opening is going to be a larger project since the battery is sealed, but I will go that route. Does the BMS need to be disconnected to charge the battery?

Not if you charge individual cells as @42OhmsPA suggested. You can also bypass the BMS and charge all at once, but you can't leave it unattended like that.

The new app from JBD. Unfortunately the "Control" section is locked and I can not enable charge/discharge.
Can you share a screenshot?
Opening is going to be a larger project since the battery is sealed, but I will go that route. Does the BMS need to be disconnected to charge the battery?
No. You can connect the charger to each cell individually and leave the BMS connected. The bus bars are likely welded so you'll have to use the alligator clips, no ideal but it would work. Just make sure you verify the voltage of the power supply with a trusted meter.
I'd also check each individual cell before you start charging.

Can you share a screenshot?

No. You can connect the charger to each cell individually and leave the BMS connected. The bus bars are likely welded so you'll have to use the alligator clips, no ideal but it would work. Just make sure you verify the voltage of the power supply with a trusted meter.
I'd also check each individual cell before you start charging.
Sounds good. Thanks

What app are you able to connect with?
I'd open it up individually charge each cell, set your bench charger ~3.4V and verify the voltage with a meter.
So looks like this is going to work. Not happy that I had to cut the case, but at least the battery is working again. As soon as I was above 11v I was able to connect.

If you can open it, I would to at least confirm cell voltages.

We talking the typical 30V/10A supply with voltage/current readout? If so, set to 12.8V and 0.5A and confirm current is actually flowing.

It took several minutes before one of my 12.8V LFP came out of LVD on a PSU.
Thanks for your help, was able to get the battery going again.

Back