diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS 2" LCD vs 4.3" Power

hb48

Hi,

If i understand correctly the JK BMS LCD plug is 6 pin. K- , K+ (used for switch function), GND, Serial A, Serial B, & VCC 12v

The 2" Display plugs in and gets power from the BMS via GND and VCC pin.

The 4.3" based on pictures appears not to use the same GND and VCC 12v itself and requires an external source? Why can't the BMS ground and power be used for the 4.3" LCD as well to keep the install simple and clean?

Also the cable harness I got does not look like the picture below. It does not have the red and yellow wire in those pins.

20231115_102046.jpg

4.3 Display Pinout.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

Can you confirm if this latest 4.3" LCD requires an external 12VDC or not? I just ordered all my hardware the past few days and now wondering if I need a 12V adapter.

Thanx!

Mine came with a wide input dc to dc converter that I had to install. I’m guessing 48-60v to 12v

I would think the BSM' LCD connector outputs the voltage of the battery (12, 24, 48). A converter would be needed only if the battery pack isn't a 12V one. Could that converter actually have a larger range ~20-60V? Pure speculation... when all my hardware has been delivered, at some point I'll get there and test it myself.

I'm still interested to learn if the LCD stays light up all the time when the BMS is on (not standby). If it doesn't stay on, I'll look at adding a status light that I can see from far and not have to walk to the unit.

After further examination.

The
new version 4.3 LCD screen has a single plug connector on the back. The opposite side of the board has a Micro memory card slot.

VCC for the news screen version is 12 to 36 volts. However if you are using the supplied connectors and plugging this into a new style JK BMS that is equipped with a (Display interface) the BMS will manage the required display power VCC for you.

The new version LCD also has a power switch supplied. This new system is easy plug and play…
I have 4 Battery systems, 3 are the new system. Now if I can just figure out how to connect the new LCD to my older BMS I won't need to buy another newer BMS...

Last edited:
My 4.3” displace had only one BMS connector to my 24v unit (2023), no external supply needed.

Back