diy solar

diy solar

Link or sample of ground mounted offgrid design for permitting

happycloud

Am looking for recommendations on either good samples or a plan generator (I did see solardesigntool.com - curious on if anyone used them). I am building a ground mounted off grid array and have to provide the design to get a permit and Id like to see if I can accomplish this myself. Some of the plans to provide:

One-line electric diagram
Three-line electric diagram
Electric panel tie in detail.
Foundation plan and detail for a grade set solar PV array.

The main ones at question are the first two - not sure if some of those are only for gridtie/hybrids

I am out in the country on 10 acres in Arizona Coconino County IRC 2018 if that matters.

Thank you

Am looking for recommendations on either good samples or a plan generator (I did see solardesigntool.com - curious on if anyone used them). I am building a ground mounted off grid array and have to provide the design to get a permit and Id like to see if I can accomplish this myself. Some of the plans to provide:

One-line electric diagram
Three-line electric diagram
Electric panel tie in detail.
Foundation plan and detail for a grade set solar PV array.

The main ones at question are the first two - not sure if some of those are only for gridtie/hybrids

I am out in the country on 10 acres in Arizona Coconino County IRC 2018 if that matters.

Thank you
Idk but I’m looking to diy an off grid system on my shop in flagstaff (Coconino)

I’d been wondering their stance on the 3’ ridge line rule and their stance on module specific rapid shutdown

I may be willing to work with you on your install, in exchange for working with me on mine?

I’m also looking for the same things you are…I’ve been exchanging information with GreenLancer to accomplish what you’re looking for, but I’m not sure, yet, if they’re the ideal way to go.

That said, when I look at Coconino permit site, I saw 2005 NEC standards. I’m not sure if our answers are there…

I heard of greenlancer yes - thats what az wind and sun uses. I had also found this decent samples https://solsmart.org/solar-permitting/step-1

I needed the permit for my house building permit but they are letting me do a conditional - so I just need to rough design it for now and I will address later in more details. I will post what I find here.

Back