diy solar

diy solar

Looking for 70v or higher panels.

jeepin95

I have a limited amount of space so I am trying to find panels that are 70v or higher, maybe as low as 50v. I'm looking at the Apollo 5k so need 120v minimum to operate the PV charger. I saw an advertisement for some panels that were listed as 70 voc on the sticker but didn't show a name or model.

It would be nice to get there with 2 panels for a total of about 6 feet wide that I can ground mount, around 400w each.

Thanks

Those are pretty rare. Even 70Voc panels are only going to operate at about 112Vmp in 2S. I did a little googlage, but I couldn't find anything higher than about 65V. Those are typically 96 cell panels.

They are used almost exclusively for commercial applications.

I have a limited amount of space so I am trying to find panels that are 70v or higher, maybe as low as 50v. I'm looking at the Apollo 5k so need 120v minimum to operate the PV charger. I saw an advertisement for some panels that were listed as 70 voc on the sticker but didn't show a name or model.

It would be nice to get there with 2 panels for a total of about 6 feet wide that I can ground mount, around 400w each.

Thanks
SunPower Maxeon 3 400W solar panel.

Thank you for the info, I guess it gives me something to try and find, but doesn't look to promising :-( Maybe solar for my emergency backup just isn't going to be an option where I'm currently at.

Why can't you use multiple panels of a lower voltage and easy to get in series? The frames are only like an inch wide so you aren't losing that much space.

Back