diy solar

diy solar

Min 11400tl-xh-us questions

monstehr

Hi I am in the market for a grid-tie inverter. I am looking at growatt min 11400tl-xh-us. I was wondering if anyone has experience with them and if it has UPS?

I have on AC Coupled to my 18kpv. I like it, but the batteries for it are very very expensive, I do not have any. My batteries are connected to 18.

No control panel or display. Directions are borderline useless, but setup is straightforward.

I don't know if I would use it as my primary, but I'm happy with it as an add on.

Hi I am in the market for a grid-tie inverter. I am looking at growatt min 11400tl-xh-us. I was wondering if anyone has experience with them and if it has UPS?
I encourage you to read thru the several extensive threads on these inverters. My self, @1201 , @lapsmith and @BKY2003 and others have discussed various aspects of them here and uploaded/linked to a number of documents you should read.

I love mine. The adjustability is fantastic.I've shoehorned 16.8kw of pv into it and it's maxed out at 11.7kw pv output(11.4kw ac) for about 5 hours a day. So far it's worked well.

It does get hot though. It's fanless and running flat out like that it will get to 185 degrees. I suggest if you are going to load it up to have a fan blowing at it. I use a fan and temps do not get above 130 now

It does get hot though. It's fanless and running flat out like that it will get to 185 degrees. I suggest if you are going to load it up to have a fan blowing at it. I use a fan and temps do not get above 130 now
Agreed. Consider where you will install it and if you can abide by the 1 foot clearance requirement. Any inverter will get hot if installed in a hot environment. My MIN 11.4’s are in a unconditioned basement that never gets above 80 degrees even when 100 outside and never get hot. There are a lot of things to consider.

Agreed. Consider where you will install it and if you can abide by the 1 foot clearance requirement. Any inverter will get hot if installed in a hot environment. My MIN 11.4’s are in a unconditioned basement that never gets above 80 degrees even when 100 outside and never get hot. There are a lot of things to consider.
I moved mine down to get the 1ft of clearance at the top and without the fan , when it's cranking out 11.4kw for hours it will still get above 180 while the shed is below 80 degrees.
How much pv do you have going into your inverters?

I moved mine down to get the 1ft of clearance at the top and without the fan , when it's cranking out 11.4kw for hours it will still get above 180 while the shed is below 80 degrees.
How much pv do you have going into your inverters?
18.5 on one, 9 on the other, will be 15 soon. But we are off grid and not selling power. Our load never gets above 9 or so kW and in good sun will be charging at 10 or so kW early in day

One thing people probably don’t consider, when you run your inverter flat out selling power it does consume lifetime. Time at temperature is a primary driver for degradation of most electrical equipment and equipment in general- something to consider when thinking about ROI.

18.5 on one, 9 on the other, will be 15 soon. But we are off grid and not selling power. Our load never gets above 9 or so kW and in good sun will be charging at 10 or so kW early in day

One thing people probably don’t consider, when you run your inverter flat out selling power it does consume lifetime. Time at temperature is a primary driver for degradation of most electrical equipment and equipment in general- something to consider when thinking about ROI.
What do your temps max out at?

I agree- heat is not good. Thats why I have the fan keeping it cool and will put an ac unit in there for the summer.

I plan to move some of the pv to another inverter but I'm waiting for the new growatt to come out.

What do your temps max out at?
SA screenshot for today, about 80 degrees outside. Doors open to basement so essentially same inside/outside temperature. I didn’t have solar assistant until recently. The spike in early morning on inverter 1 is when mini split came on in room wife homeschools youngest son in, on auto schedule.

Attachments

• D10264A4-0823-4DCF-8292-D1766BC6044F.png
    D10264A4-0823-4DCF-8292-D1766BC6044F.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 5
but the batteries for it are very very expensive,
I'll vouch for that. I only got on 10kwh battery (LG) because it was half off from my local distributor. But it has been a nightmare (going on 2 or 3 months) trying to get them to work together. It is still not working. It shouldn't be so difficult because I'm told Sun Run uses that combination quite a bit.

Back