diy solar

diy solar

Is anyone using MIN TL XH US V3 with ATS-US?

saenns

I have a MIN 1400TL-XH-US and an ATS-11400-US purchased from Signature Solar. The inverter refuses to supply power to the ATS. When grid disconnects, it enters standby mode with warning code 300 (no utility) or 607 (abnormal communication with off-grid box). No voltage on the backup terminals under any conditions.

I spent about 8 hours troubleshooting during a power outage yesterday. Finally Growatt tech support concluded that I have V3 inverter (P/N PV01.0083600) which is not compatible with the ATS-11400-US. I either need to replace the inverter with V2 (P/N PV01.0072901) or replace the ATS-US with an SYN-200-XH-US.

I do not understand how this is possible. The manual for the MIN 11400TL-XH-US on the signature solar product details page shows the ATS-US as of today, over one year since I bought it. How could I possibly find a V2 inverter now that presumably it's been replaced by V3, and the P/N is not specified by the seller? Why would V3 break compatibility with such a simple interface? All it needs to do is apply power to the backup terminals... which apparently have no purpose because the SYN connects only to the GRID terminals?

I am extremely frustrated. Best case scenario, Signature Solar compensates me for the ATS. Then I need to pay for the price difference with SYN, labor to replace it, permitting etc... SYN is bigger so it won't fit on the wall where the ATS-US was. Now I have to back up the entire house, not just my critical loads panel.

Any tips for how to make this work? Or escalate with Growatt Tech Support? Or Signature Solar Customer Service?

I have a MIN 1400TL-XH-US and an ATS-11400-US purchased from Signature Solar. The inverter refuses to supply power to the ATS. When grid disconnects, it enters standby mode with warning code 300 (no utility) or 607 (abnormal communication with off-grid box). No voltage on the backup terminals under any conditions.

I spent about 8 hours troubleshooting during a power outage yesterday. Finally Growatt tech support concluded that I have V3 inverter (P/N PV01.0083600) which is not compatible with the ATS-11400-US. I either need to replace the inverter with V2 (P/N PV01.0072901) or replace the ATS-US with an SYN-200-XH-US.

I do not understand how this is possible. The manual for the MIN 11400TL-XH-US on the signature solar product details page shows the ATS-US as of today, over one year since I bought it. How could I possibly find a V2 inverter now that presumably it's been replaced by V3, and the P/N is not specified by the seller? Why would V3 break compatibility with such a simple interface? All it needs to do is apply power to the backup terminals... which apparently have no purpose because the SYN connects only to the GRID terminals?

I am extremely frustrated. Best case scenario, Signature Solar compensates me for the ATS. Then I need to pay for the price difference with SYN, labor to replace it, permitting etc... SYN is bigger so it won't fit on the wall where the ATS-US was. Now I have to back up the entire house, not just my critical loads panel.

Any tips for how to make this work? Or escalate with Growatt Tech Support? Or Signature Solar Customer Service?
There is a v1, 2 and 3. They are all different versions, not necessarily newer or obsolete. You must have a v1 or a v2 to use the Growatt “ATS” which is actually a autotransformer and ATS.

I suggest you try to talk to signature solar if you bought it from them, it’s not growatt fault that they sold you a v3 to use with an ATS that only works with a v1 or v2. As far as I know all three versions are being manufactured and sold.

Then I need to pay for the price difference with SYN, labor to replace it, permitting etc... SYN is bigger so it won't fit on the wall where the ATS-US was. Now I have to back up the entire house, not just my critical loads panel.
Your best option is probably to get a v2. The three versions do different things, separate products in reality.

Hi! It looks like you're already connected with tech support but if you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me!

Hi! It looks like you're already connected with tech support but if you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me!
Hey, it would be helpful to a lot of folks if SS would link the CURRENT Growatt documents to each Growatt item on your website. It would be very helpful if for the Growatt MIN inverters you stated in the description what version it is and link the appropriate installation guides for each. And your tech support seems largely ignorant of that product. Some time back I was told by SS that you can’t connect a battery to these inverters because they are grid tied, which of course is totally incorrect.

Hey, it would be helpful to a lot of folks if SS would link the CURRENT Growatt documents to each Growatt item on your website. It would be very helpful if for the Growatt MIN inverters you stated in the description what version it is and link the appropriate installation guides for each. And your tech support seems largely ignorant of that product. Some time back I was told by SS that you can’t connect a battery to these inverters because they are grid tied, which of course is totally incorrect.
I'm so sorry you're having trouble @MajicDiver . We provide everything that Growatt gives us but if you have a ticket number, I can have my supervisor look into it and try to get you some answers!

I'm so sorry you're having trouble
I'm trying to be constructive. I will use an example to try again to make my point:

1. In May, 2022 I purchased a MIN11400TL-XH-US inverter from SS. At that time only one version of the inverter existed, what is now referred to as Version 1. The first attachment is the data sheet i downloaded from the SS website before purchasing it, it was a current document at that time.

2. Today, you still list on your website the MIN11400TL-XH-US inverter for sale. The 2nd attachment is the datasheet you have on your website today. I believe you will see it is identical.

3. However, There are now three different variations of that inverter. A V1 (Which will only do 5kW of battery power), the V2 (Which will do 10kW of battery power) and the V3, which is a very different inverter and has no backup output and must be used with a SYN box if you want off grid backup. Of course there are other difference between the versions of the inverter that I will not go into. SS gives no indication what version(s) you are currently selling.

4. The 3rd attachment is the current growatt datasheet for the MIN11400TL-XH-US inverters, it was issued earlier this year. There have been a number of revisions of the data sheet issued in the time period between may of 2022 and now. SS does not have link all of the manuals that are available, nor is the one listed the current one.

SS would likely sell a lot more stuff if you got better at either providing all the information available or pointing people to where it can be found.

I have purchased 2 more MIN11400TL-XH-US inverters since the SS purchase I made in May, 2022 - I purchased elsewhere simply because I could not get a straight story from SS on what I would actually get if I bought from you. I can provide the communications if you like, but its pointless, I'm just trying to help you get better as you go forward. Your response above initially seemed to me to be a little flippant, but I may misinterpret the tone. I have purchased a lot of other stuff from SS recently, when I can be certain I understand what I'm getting.

Attachments

• 1519073-SpecSheet-Downloaded-from-SS-20220426.pdf
    459.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 1519073-specs_Downloaded-from-SS-20240313.pdf
    459.7 KB · Views: 1
  • MIN_8200-11400TL-XH-US_Datasheet_EN_202401.pdf
    600.7 KB · Views: 4
I don't think we can fault signature solar for this one if growatt did not communicate to anyone that there have been changes to the inverters. As much as I love my growatt inverter their documentation has been abysmal to put it mildly.

@saenns does your inverter have these backup outputs labeled?IMG_20240226_174144701~2.jpg

growatt did not communicate to anyone that there have been changes to the inverters.
The documentation is actually available on the Growatt website. Also on the Growatt utube channel. Yes, it is lacking a lot in detail, but anyone selling the stuff should provide the documentation that is actually available - in this case SS is not. There are other sellers who do.

The documentation is actually available on the Growatt website. Also on the Growatt utube channel. Yes, it is lacking a lot in detail, but anyone selling the stuff should provide the documentation that is actually available - in this case SS is not. There are other sellers who do.
Where?

You will see manuals for each. The data sheet also refers to the three different versions.
The versions Numbers don't show up on my browser and growatt has done a terrible job letting people know there are multiple versions. It's almost like a well kept secret. Can you please link this datasheet?

Looking at the two manuals one could reasonably assume that it's two different ways of using the inverter because growatt has provided no information otherwise.

I don't blame signature solar on this one

Actually, the data sheet does not list versions. The datasheet is on the data sheets tab.

The actual seller of equipment to the actual customer is the one who should make sure the customer is accurately told what they are actually buying. They make a markup, and they need to do something to earn it. If I can kind of figure it out and other sellers can figure it out SS should, IMO.

The versions Numbers don't show up on my browser and growatt has done a terrible job letting people know there are multiple versions. It's almost like a well kept secret. Can you please link this datasheet?

Looking at the two manuals one could reasonably assume that it's two different ways of using the inverter because growatt has provided no information otherwise.

I don't blame signature solar on this one
you have a version 2 and I assume you bought from SS?

Back