diy solar

diy solar

mounting over roof vents and plumbing vents

Subestile

I read though some code p3103.1 that now allows for installation over plumbing vents as long as there is enough spacing between the top of the vent and the panel and now the vents can be cut to 2" above the roof line. I will likely reroute these to go out the top of the panels so I dont have that venting onto the back of the panel. I tried looking for any existing posts if anyone has mounted over the attic exhaust vents though? being in az I cant imagine the heat from those will be significantly more than what the panel already gets exposed to. Is there any issues with mounting over the vents? I am running out of useable space on the roof attempting to maximize the production of the system. Thanks for any feedback

The vents on my roof were cut short enough to live comfortably under the panels on my roof. Here we are 7 years later, zero problems.

I had the grid tie system on my roof done by a local company. On the original quote, there were a few panels missing in the drawings. When I questioned this, I was told there were vent pipes there. I requested they cut the vents so They were about half way between the roof and bottom of the panels. Like I sad, zero issues.

I had the grid tie system on my roof done by a local company. On the original quote, there were a few panels missing in the drawings. When I questioned this, I was told there were vent pipes there. I requested they cut the vents so They were about half way between the roof and bottom of the panels. Like I sad, zero issues.
Ill be installing my second system, the original system didnt have any issues with vents as it was completely over a living room and bedroom. but adding 19kw (hopefully, im running out of space) to my existing 7.4kw system.

Back