diy solar

diy solar

Newbie question: can the 24v pip all in one safely connect to a Tesla module?

Gourmetgame

I am trying to do a powerful rv setup without breaking the bank. The all in one is economical, but I don't feel like $2k+ for Battleborns are going to make my wallet happy. The Tesla module is high but saves me hundreds. Is this possible?

I think it's possible but be aware in the custom settings, the battery cut off voltage is 20V as lowest, when grid available is 22V

charging to 90% is about 24V.

Tesla battery can go down to about 18.5V, recommend is 20% @ 19V

so by using MPP, essentially you can only using <60% of the battery (about 3kWh)

it's true Tesla battery still cheaper and better capacity, but they are not playing well with standard equipment, which is painful

Thank you for breaking it down. Does using less than 60% hurt the Tesla battery's overall life or is it just the waste of Tesla's extra power that makes this undesirable? About 3kwh is decent for a off grid rv right?

Random question: Can we use a MPP SOLAR all in one, in a microgrid configuration like a multi-mode inverter or inverter/charger similar to a Victron Multiplus. Pair it with a Fronius Primo solar inverter, panels, batteries, and a generator to make a microgrid used for off-grid power. Does this make since?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191022-161454.png
    Screenshot_20191022-161454.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 7
Back