diy solar

diy solar

Outdoor Transfer Switch

ecoroom

I have 2 ecoflow delta pro's, and want to use it to power my home. I've done the math and tracked my electric bills for the past year, and this looks do-able for most of the year, except for winters. My power use (for heating) and the reduced solar production makes it so I can't charge the batteries enough during the day to power the home overnight during waters.

Initially, I wanted to use an interlock kit, and in the winter just switch over to grid power at night until the panels can charge the batteries again during the day. But I recently learned it's not a great idea to switch the breaker on and off daily. So now I'm thinking transfer switch.

Does anyone have any experience with transfer switches that basically can let me choose between powering my entire home with either grid or generator power? What kind of setup did you use? My main breaker is outside, so I would ideally need an outdoor transfer switch.
I called Reliance today and either I'm not understanding something or he couldn't understand me, but he said there is no existing solution to let me use a transfer switch to switch between grid and generator power

Thanks!

I have 2 ecoflow delta pro's, and want to use it to power my home. I've done the math and tracked my electric bills for the past year, and this looks do-able for most of the year, except for winters. My power use (for heating) and the reduced solar production makes it so I can't charge the batteries enough during the day to power the home overnight during waters.

Initially, I wanted to use an interlock kit, and in the winter just switch over to grid power at night until the panels can charge the batteries again during the day. But I recently learned it's not a great idea to switch the breaker on and off daily. So now I'm thinking transfer switch.

Does anyone have any experience with transfer switches that basically can let me choose between powering my entire home with either grid or generator power? What kind of setup did you use? My main breaker is outside, so I would ideally need an outdoor transfer switch.
I called Reliance today and either I'm not understanding something or he couldn't understand me, but he said there is no existing solution to let me use a transfer switch to switch between grid and generator power

Thanks!
Plenty of outdoor options, like these

R306A Pro/Tran Outdoor 30-Amp 6-Circuit 2 Manual Transfer Switch with L14-30 Power Inlet https://a.co/d/83AuwEK

Back