diy solar

diy solar

Parallel and series

Juanporro

I am purchasing an RV that has one 12V 300AH Lithium Ion Phosphate battery connected to a 4 pnael solar and an inverter with a charge controller as well. The House battery is another one of the same batter for the house 12V system.

My question is can I bring those two together for a 12V 600AH system and then add 3 other 12v 100AH in Parallel and parallel connect them to the first two?

I think I just over complicated all of this but need help.

The reason is that one of the 12V 300AH is $2600 and 3 of the 12v 100AH is $999

Thank you in advance.

I am purchasing an RV that has one 12V 300AH Lithium Ion Phosphate battery connected to a 4 pnael solar and an inverter with a charge controller as well. The House battery is another one of the same batter for the house 12V system.

My question is can I bring those two together for a 12V 600AH system and then add 3 other 12v 100AH in Parallel and parallel connect them to the first two?

I think I just over complicated all of this but need help.

The reason is that one of the 12V 300AH is $2600 and 3 of the 12v 100AH is $999

Thank you in advance.
Yes

In order to utilize them evenly, it would be best to connect all to a bus bar system utilizing the same length and gauge wires from each battery. Connect all charge and loads systems to the bus bars.

This will also give you redundancy if 1 pack fails. I'd do a lot of research before purchasing a $333 100 AH Life battery to make sure they are legit.

It seems kinda odd that they would have used 2 separate systems in the first place since they are both 12V systems. Does the solar system also charge from the shore power charger? Is the shore power charger compatible with the LiFe batteries?

Last edited:
Yes

In order to utilize them evenly, it would be best to connect all 3 to a bus bar system utilizing the same length and gauge wires from each battery.
This will also give you redundancy if 1 pack fails. I'd do a lot of research before purchasing a $333 100 AH Life battery to make sure they are ligit.
Thank you. I have 4 of those batteries now in my 48V golf cart. I used the 4 to replace 6 8V LAB (Trojan)

The battery I intend to use is a EnjoyBot battery. Not sure if I can place a link but a Google search should be good enough.

So, if I understood you right, the 3 batteries will be all in parallel creating a 300AH group, then I can connect the other two 300AH batteries with that group in parallel thus creating a 900AH bank. Is that right?

Back