diy solar

diy solar

Santan solar deal

They have a smallish footprint as well 70x40 . Some of the bigger panels are like a 4x8 sheet of plywood, A lot easier to manage when they are under 6ft IMNSHO.

I'm a suckered for a great deal.
I just couldn't pass it up.
My only question is, are we about to see a more across the board drop in pricing? A year or so ago <.50/w new was my target. Lately I've seen a bunch of stuff running around .30/w. This is dipping below .20. I'm wondering if this is similar to the DRAM madness, as new processes come online prices drift up, then fall steadily as production improves.

Edited: *Moving to it's own thread*

Last edited:
My only question is, are we about to see a more across the board drop in pricing? A year or so ago <.50/w new was my target. Lately I've seen a bunch of stuff running around .30/w. This is dipping below .20. I'm wondering if this is similar to the DRAM madness, as new processes come online prices drift up, then fall steadily as production improves.

I stayed out of solar for many years, cuz I kept seeing price dropping. In hindsight, I shoulda jumped in when I wanted to, because I'd already be in the "paid for itself" range, while instead.. I just paid my electric bill for all those years, and then bought the gear at a cheaper price.. that I'm still recovering costs on. At some point you just bite the bullet and accept that any further price decrease is just diminishing returns.

Bout time y’all caught on. ?
That’s where my 6 pallets came from. Kept 2 for myself and sold 4 to one guy

Look at the size of them too. 69"x40" compared to the 250w are 65"x39". They are barely bigger, for roughly 40-45% more wattage. THIS is why I like the newer technology lol.

Look at the size of them too. 69"x40" compared to the 250w are 65"x39". They are barely bigger, for roughly 40-45% more wattage. THIS is why I like the newer technology lol.
That was a big deciding factor.

These panels are STC 18.87W/sq ft or 203 watt/m2.
I am going to replace 12 x 260watt = 3120 watt dc with 12 of these = 4440 watt or a 42% increase.
My square footage will be 8" /20 cm longer on both sides but that is going to be easy to achieve for me.

These are 69x40. My 285's are 77x39. I have 20 on two racks. Replacing would be ~34 sq feet less and 1700w (30%) more. Tempted..

You never fully recover.

These are 69x40. My 285's are 77x39. I have 20 on two racks. Replacing would be ~34 sq feet less and 1700w (30%) more. Tempted..
Yea, that thought crossed my mind, RE: my 250's. 370 is like right at that tough call spot., I've been looking for something > 350W, but I'd really like to be closer to 450, in that size. Dunno if they will be able to squeeze it down that far. With DRAM the per unit manufacturing cost was pretty stable as the die size shrank and density went up. It';s probably similar in the solar cell arena, although improvements have only been incremental.

Well, add me to the list. Just pulled the trigger on this, 11.4kW Grid-Tie Inverter, a chargeverter and some ground mounts, and associated bits and pieces. Thought I was done with solar for the year, I stand corrected.

Payment by credit card

"Autofill your card
Save and autofill your payment details everywhere Link is accepted online."

?

Is there another way?

Payment by credit card

"Autofill your card
Save and autofill your payment details everywhere Link is accepted online."

?

Is there another way?
I did not see that from a browser. I'll look for it when I complete the additional freight payment for residential shortly.

I will add all emails to Inxeption have been answered in under an hour during business hours.

Back