diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS external on/off switch

shirehorse99

Hi guys

can a v16 seplos bms be controlled by an external on/off switch.

I’ve custom made a box and would like to power on/off the BMS without removing the box lid.

any ideas?

Hi guys

can a v16 seplos bms be controlled by an external on/off switch.

I’ve custom made a box and would like to power on/off the BMS without removing the box lid.

any ideas?
there is a reset button you can hold to turn it off.
some add a breaker for this purpose

Hi - I know about the reset switch - I have an isolator also - but after 48 hrs of not using the battery , the unit powers into standby.

im still building the rest of the system( Solar + inverter install) - hope to finish it this week - but the battery is up and running.

it will probably be ok when it’s all up and running and charging/discharging but it would be a good thing to have that external on/off switch

ce69955c5babe224ab0c0d6e33ab9a9e.jpg

ok had a reply back from Allan Zhang at seplos - his reply was

"You only need a two pin plug,and the plug with a switch,then enable the external switch function in BMS monitor software"

This is an older post but I have just installed power switches on my units and wanted to add a few pictures..
You need a latching power switch I used a Normally Open 16mm one..
I had a hydraulic knock out punch and used a 16mm knock out...A drill would work too.
The plug on connector I used is a JST-PA 2 pin... not as thick but clips on and works on the BMS..
Had to use a PA-09 crimper for the small crimps..
Also you have to go into the settings and turn on external switch button in software (do this after the switch is installed and latched or you wont be able to power it on till the switch is installed... also if the switch is not in the unit will most likely shut right off after you programmed the switch don't ask me how I know..)
I show a three pin PA connector but its actually a Two pin Pa connector you need!

Attachments

• Used Hydralic knock out kit with 16mm Knockout.jpg
    Used Hydralic knock out kit with 16mm Knockout.jpg
    827.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Two Units.jpg
    Two Units.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Power Button Installed.jpg
    Power Button Installed.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Part.jpg
    Part.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 20
  • PA-09 Crimper Used.jpg
    PA-09 Crimper Used.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Latching Normally Open Switch.jpg
    Latching Normally Open Switch.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Kit.jpg
    Kit.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 14
  • JST-PA.jpg
    JST-PA.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 12
  • BMS Power button socket.jpg
    BMS Power button socket.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 21
  • BMS SWITCH Setting .jpg
    BMS SWITCH Setting .jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 24
Hello, I accidentally turned on the on/off switch function on this BMS and I am not able to start the BMS now while I do not have the button. Is it possible to just connect this two pins together to activate the switch?

Hello, I accidentally turned on the on/off switch function on this BMS and I am not able to start the BMS now while I do not have the button. Is it possible to just connect this two pins together to activate the switch?
For sure this should work.

Back