diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS goes bananas when NEEY is working!

Because EEL in reality is a copy cat, and sales organisation and not a engineering company.
May I suggest you read the BMS manual ( it is posted in the resource section), if you do so, you'll find out pretty quick why the BMS limited the charge amps
It was my battery setting on the inverter had it limited as I went over the switches too make sure the silly charge one was off. It's currently charging at 2.5kw now

First charge with balancer attached to separate cables and it brings me to this after 10 mins of the charge ending.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-20-11-06-36-71_9a0ff65136bee24f7a284540f83eb6ed.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-20-11-06-36-71_9a0ff65136bee24f7a284540f83eb6ed.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 20
First charge with balancer attached to separate cables and it brings me to this after 10 mins of the charge ending.
The start voltage on your needy is set way too long

At this voltage difvoltage makes -0- sense.
Only after 3.45-3.48 it does after they hit the knee

What should I have it set to. I had it set to start balancing at 3.45 end at 3.42. the first cell hit the wall at 3.65 and triggered battery to jump to 100%

I was using a plyon lv profile. I'll grab the old user profile I was using that might help.
You didn't answer my question..
Start balance voltage is depending on your charge voltage.
If charge voltage is 56.8 , balance start voltage is 3.50, stop is 3.40
More importantly is that , when cells hit 3.45, you slow down charging to 10a , to give the balancer time to do it's job

I use a Solis inverter not sure how I slow down the charge once a cell hits 3.45v unless BMS can be set to that..

I use a Solis inverter not sure how I slow down the charge once a cell hits 3.45v unless BMS can be set to that..
Communication between BMS and inverter should do that for you.
If not , disable and unlink comms and set max amps in your inverter..

This all could have been easily prevented by top balancing before installing the cells ( not sure if you did) , and making sure your balancer isn't running all the time

I had to replace to cells that went to zero volts the original cells were all top balanced. Was using the active balancer to bring the 2 new cell inline.

Back