diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

5 hours at 65Ah should fully charge them. But I suppose that the BMS is interrupting the charge by stating that the SOC is 100%. And from the pictures above it doesn't look like the cells are full.
Yeah. I might raise the value of the storage to 340ah or something

Try with a high value. Like 500Ah. Once cells are fully charged let the BMS go into low-voltage disconnect mode. And if I'm correct - you'll get the correct capacity and SOC reported by the BMS after that.

Salut les gars,

J'aurais besoin de votre aide. impossible de démarrer le moniteur de batterie. dès que je veux charger l'accord ça plante

et du coup je n'arrive pas à me connecter à mon BMS

quelqu'un a une idée ou une solution ? Merci ! (Cela m'arrive sur 3 de mes ordinateurs.)
View attachment 125834
Bonsoir, je débute également dans la configuration de battery monitor 2.1.9 et j'ai exactement le même problème. Avez-vous la solution SVP ? Merci d'avance

Good evening, I am also new to battery monitor 2.1.9 configuration and I have exactly the same problem. Do you have the solution please? Thanks in advance
Battery monitor 2.1.9 is only for the new model BMS. Don't use it on the older ones or it won't work.

I set things to 400ah as capacity and let charge last night - got right to the top end and it cut itself off via alarms and warnings. I'll let it run down today. I added 2 extra hours of charging time and according to my battery charger/inverter I put in 15.42kW of power. So the cells have had a real fill. They must be at peak capacity.

1675415281527.png

Yep, seems so. And the top balance seems pretty good. All cells were above 3.5V at a certain point in time and none was above 3.65V.

Now wait for full discharge (until the BMS disconnects) and share the BMS information for the battery capacity in Ah.

But in general - with 15.42kWh charged into the battery it looks like your cells are pretty OK for 280Ah cells. The one with the lowest voltage on the chart above is likely the one with the least capacity. It will dictate the battery Ah capacity.

Out of curiosity - what cells are you using and where did you get them from?

Yep, seems so. And the top balance seems pretty good. All cells were above 3.5V at a certain point in time and none was above 3.65V.

Now wait for full discharge (until the BMS disconnects) and share the BMS information for the battery capacity in Ah.

But in general - with 15.42kWh charged into the battery it looks like your cells are pretty OK for 280Ah cells. The one with the lowest voltage on the chart above is likely the one with the least capacity. It will dictate the battery Ah capacity.

Xuba was the supplier

Which of these two capacity parameter needs to be updated by the bms?
1675424599811.png

I imagine it'll be battery capacity, as Rated should be the one you fill in yourself e.g. 280Ah and then it'll give you its actual capacity afterwards so 287Ah or 270Ah or something

And woul
I imagine it'll be battery capacity, as Rated should be the one you fill in yourself e.g. 280Ah and then it'll give you its actual capacity afterwards so 287Ah or 270Ah or something
And would the State of Healt be simply battery capcity/rated capcity?

I’m asking because if the answer to that question is yes, then my inverter will never discharge more than 15% so I’ll always see 100% SoH until the SoH drops to 84%

Keep them in sync in the first several cycles. Once you get a full cycle and you know the actual battery capacity set them both to that value.

The SOH should be the current capacity / initial capacity. Not current capacity / design capacity.

Keep them in sync in the first several cycles. Once you get a full cycle and you know the actual battery capacity set them both to that value.

The SOH should be the current capacity / initial capacity. Not current capacity / design capacity.
My point was that in my case the inverter will never run it down to 0% (or low voltage cutoff)

Battery level hasn't adjusted, so I'll have to do it in the morning to set the capacity. You cannot set it at the bottom without the SOC being messed up

I'm interested in this BMS but my inverters will draw up to 400A from my battery so the 200A version won't suffice. Is it possible to pair it with a contactor? ie. Is there a low voltage signal one can use to open/close a contactor?

I'm interested in this BMS but my inverters will draw up to 400A from my battery so the 200A version won't suffice. Is it possible to pair it with a contactor? ie. Is there a low voltage signal one can use to open/close a contactor?
no and no, only thing i can think of is paralleling 2 ..

400a at 48v is a huge amount of power, are you sure this is correct ?

I'd prefer to use contactors rather than MOSFETs so I'll look for another BMS. Yes, my inverters draw up to 400A - 3x Victron MultiPlus II 5000kVA in three phase.
odd, my 2* 12 kw 3 phase dont come close to that.
anyway the contacter thing is a personal choice i guess.
if you do prefer that, you indeed need to look for something different.

maybe stewart's diybms is something you can look at

odd, my 2* 12 kw 3 phase dont come close to that.
anyway the contacter thing is a personal choice i guess.
if you do prefer that, you indeed need to look for something different.

maybe stewart's diybms is something you can look at
I use a lot of power: 3 phase Tesla charger @ 12kW, large ducted A/C, pool equipment, 30A induction cooktop etc. You get the picture.

I've already built the DIYBMS but I'm looking for something which will talk to my Victron gear and something less modular. I'll keep looking around, thanks.

I use a lot of power: 3 phase Tesla charger @ 12kW, large ducted A/C, pool equipment, 30A induction cooktop etc. You get the picture.

I've already built the DIYBMS but I'm looking for something which will talk to my Victron gear and something less modular. I'll keep looking around, thanks.
actually stewart implemented canbus comms in his latest version.

i wish i had the soldering skills, diybms is actually one of the few i consider a good alternative

Back