diy solar

diy solar

Solar Steals Review

I ordered my 16 530W panels from Santan and they arrived flat. No problems at all. I've read the horror stories of panels shipped on edge here in the forums. I guess it's a toss up.
All of mine where shipped flat in 3 different shipments with plastic spacers/standoffs on the corners.

I know this is old thread but just hooked up 3 445 bifacials and im getting 385w each, not directly facing sun since its so low this time of year but im super happy with my purchase. Lost 2 in shipping out of 16. Would order 16 more if i had the spare change. If anyone in Central California is looking to order less than 16 let's talk I could us a few more, at least 2, would take 4.
I’m up in Reno, I have a few if you want to make the drive.

Agreed.
Last year I drove ~150 miles with 20 315w Q Cells stacked flat banded to a pallet and strapped down in my bed with zero issues, I hit a few potholes that I thought for sure caused damage. A few months ago I drove ~125 miles with 12 315w LG neon's stacked flat, on the pallet from the Q cells, strapped down in my bed with no issues.
I think the key is making sure the stack is good with everything lined up before strapping them tight.
A rookie / careless forklift driver can damage flat or on edge just as easy.
I'd prefer flat over on edge for ease of offloading.

I put four Trina 360W panels on top of my Chevy Bolt, tied down with roof rails and cross-bars. Drove fifty miles on the freeway with them. I was white-knuckled the whole drive home, but they got there without a scratch. I think I used most of the knots I learned in Boy Scouts, to tie them down.

I had to do this, because Signature Solar won't sell fewer than ten panels. My next purchase from them will be for sixteen.

I put four Trina 360W panels on top of my Chevy Bolt, tied down with roof rails and cross-bars. Drove fifty miles on the freeway with them. I was white-knuckled the whole drive home, but they got there without a scratch. I think I used most of the knots I learned in Boy Scouts, to tie them down.

I had to do this, because Signature Solar won't sell fewer than ten panels. My next purchase from them will be for sixteen.
Check out Santan Solar, your local Craigslist and Inxeption Solar when you are ready to buy more. A bunch of us on here just ordered pallets of 370w panels from Inxeption for ~$0.19 /w delivered...
If you don't need a pallet you could always resell the extras when you get them for a great price...

Back